What's the next mod we all want Phil Gamboa to figure out?

55 minutes ago, Swerd said:

How complex was that?

It wasn't all that bad...BUT, there is A LOT of hardware requirements for this, custom wiring, circuit redirects for the pedal adjust (different in seat memory than non seat memory).  Here is my thread on it.  It doesn't go into details (I've got videos of each step I did - soon to be uploaded, LOL).  

6 minutes ago, cbrsilv15 said:

CT6 rearview mirror/camera PnP harness. ??

Find me a decently priced mirror :)

4 minutes ago, aseibel said:

I'm also interested in another light switch to use for back-up up lights.

But what I really want is the GM upfitter switches below the radio. The WT models come with like 7 switches in there and I only have 3.

I looked into that and as soon as I realized it required relays and a new fuse block, I figured its over my novice wiring skills. Any kind of light switch that is plug and play (and looks OEM) and I'm on board.

You are correct.  The AUX 1-4 Buttons on the IP Switch are wired to relays that existing in the X50A Fuse Block that exist in some WT trucks but not all.  IF you want to use the AUX buttons, you'll have to verify the wiring exists between switch, X61A Junction Box, and X50 Fuse Block.  If they don't, you'll have to add it.  The other alternative to this is to use a fully switch say from a higher trim model.  Keep the buttons for whatever options you have, then use the other buttons for whatever you want.  Swap out the button caps for the aux buttons, use a latching relay, and use the switch output wires to that latching relay.  I've seen this in action but haven't had any time to really dig into it.  Another member here @TinkeringFox has been working on this but he is also extremely busy with work too.  The switches in the IP are negative ground momentary switches.  

29 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

You are correct.  The AUX 1-4 Buttons on the IP Switch are wired to relays that existing in the X50A Fuse Block that exist in some WT trucks but not all.  IF you want to use the AUX buttons, you'll have to verify the wiring exists between switch, X61A Junction Box, and X50 Fuse Block.  If they don't, you'll have to add it.  The other alternative to this is to use a fully switch say from a higher trim model.  Keep the buttons for whatever options you have, then use the other buttons for whatever you want.  Swap out the button caps for the aux buttons, use a latching relay, and use the switch output wires to that latching relay.  I've seen this in action but haven't had any time to really dig into it.  Another member here @TinkeringFox has been working on this but he is also extremely busy with work too.  The switches in the IP are negative ground momentary switches.  

Well thanks for that explanation. I'm going to save it, just in case I try to tackle this some time. I already checked and know that my truck does not have that wiring, so I would need a whole new system.

I'm probably more likely to hire this out, but knowing this information will be helpful either way.

2 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

You can't see it so what at all is the point of this other than making it more difficult for others to see your turn signals?

Tyler

With the LED lights on these trucks I don't think it becomes any more difficult to distinguish the turn signal from DRL. I often see vehicles with their DRL off on the turn signal side, which not only looks strange but is confusing because it looks like they have a dead light.in.

2 hours ago, pgamboa said:

I had Factory Heated only, with power adjust driver, manual adjust passenger.

I was able to fully integrate Heated/Ventilated along with Seat Memory :). Passenger is now power adjust. Ventilated is nice during these 100°+ temps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ventilated seat button is the most frequently used button I use! I'm sure it's going to wear out. Why can't all these cars remember the setting you last used? I've got a checklist to go through before I can even move.  Unfold mirros- check, lower steering wheel -check, ventilated seats - check, fog lights -check, Pandora radio - check, activate Intellihaul cameras - check. Might as well fly around a helicopter.

Edited by ChristopherDB
  • Like 1

Phil will need to quit his day job and hire a staff of technicians to meet the demands of this thread!   I think he should shut down his operation for three weeks and re-tool for the '19's.  General motors would do well by him if they were to donate a new truck for him to tear apart and re-configure! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Donstar said:

Phil will need to quit his day job and hire a staff of technicians to meet the demands of this thread!   I think he should shut down his operation for three weeks and re-tool for the '19's.  General motors would do well by him if they were to donate a new truck for him to tear apart and re-configure! 

If only GM was listening.  This is by far, the BEST advice out there! ;)  @GMCustomerService, the GM-Truck community has spoken.  I will gracefully accept a donated 2019 GM Silverado or Sierra for the purposes of continued community support.  Lower trim would be best please so we can see what can be done to them :)

• Like 6

13 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Yes - 2016 and up. 2014-2015 has to be either Pop and Lock or retrofit.
@Viktorrocks15 had his tail gate stolen some time ago. In his quest to find a replacement, he went ahead and got a 16+ tail gate this time.

Since his truck is a 2015, he had to run a door lock/unlock actuator Signal to the tail gate. The X63A Junction Box doesn’t have these signals for 14-15 trucks.

So he pulled the signal from the driver rear door B-Pillar.

Damn it!  Ok. I want this someday lol

• Like 1

Yes, Preference. I've often wondered why on Left had side cars (drive on the right side of the road) that the volume is located on the right of the wheel. IF you drive with one hand (i.e.: all of the "stuff" you reach for is on the right (center console, HVAC controls, etc.)), your left hand is on the wheel. Maybe it's just me, but the volume control is the #1 button used on my vehicles. Phil noted that it bothers him as well. He's gonna look into a simple pin change for those of us that would like to swap them. I do know this: The switches are DIFFERENT and keyed to only work on the side they were designed. You can not simply swap the switches L-->R and it work (I've tried). I did on my JK Jeep with no issues about 2 years ago, but no go on the Denali.

Good news on this one! Had a few minutes of free time to do a quick check. The buttons are indeed keyed for specific orientation and the input connectors as well. It seems that the buttons themselves don’t have any logic but are simply momentary switches.

Each button has 3 wires. Up/Down, and ground. The ground is common and the same between the two buttons. The other 2 wires from each button land on the larger connector to right side control panel.

This should be a simple repin of 4 wires. Swap them over :). I’ll have to review schematics to understand which would go where...

Here is a pic.

The yellow boxes on the connectors to the buttons themselves. The red box with pins sticking out of it (to test continuity) is the input connection to the right side control pads.

006418411abcdb115af3b02d7255098b.jpg

When is the HUD mod coming?

My issue with HUD is that it will require custom modification to panels and such. Not my expertise.. lol.

I would like to see someone come up with something to keep the back up camera from getting water droplets all over it first thing in the morning, and a rainstorm, after a rainstorm… LOL. That thing is practically unusable down here in Florida after any kind of rainfall or first thing in the morning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2 minutes ago, robert.fousek.1 said:

I would like to see someone come up with something to keep the back up camera from getting water droplets all over it first thing in the morning, and a rainstorm, after a rainstorm… LOL. That thing is practically unusable down here in Florida after any kind of rainfall or first thing in the morning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Is it possible to 3D print something to protect it a little more from above?  Like an umbrella shape?

• Like 1