What's the next mod we all want Phil Gamboa to figure out?

Does that not aim more at the box/cargo area though? My wife has the monitor mirror on her escalade and at first I thought it was a little gimmicky or goofy but now I love it. She never drives with it in regular mirror mode. Gentex makes a kit but it is pricey and you lose the Onstar buttons

Yep. It was designed as a use case for 5th Wheel attachment I think.

I’m looking at the Cadillac LCD mirror now, but was told it can’t be done [emoji23]. I think the 2018 Traverse has this mirror too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

You don't seem to be the kind of guy to believe people when they say something can't be done. That just makes it a challenge.

It’s what usually drives me. :).

• Like 1

This may be an old problem with a solution already available.
I've got a 2005 Silverado they I wish I could add the mirrors with built in blinkers. I don't need heated mirrors, but would like the added safety/visibility of the signal mirrors.
Only problem I dread is, is I can't find someone to reprogram the ECM, I don't want to go to the dealer as the once is totally dishonest.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

The SUV’s have these options, possible addition to trucks?

HUD

Adaptive cruise

Blind spot monitor

Push button start

Thanks GM for adding all of this to the 2019 new gen ;-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

Yep. It was designed as a use case for 5th Wheel attachment I think.

I’m looking at the Cadillac LCD mirror now, but was told it can’t be done emoji23.png. I think the 2018 Traverse has this mirror too.

Yes, shows the box and nothing outside of it. I used a heat gun to bend it up a little so I could see out the back of the tailgate. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 10:56 PM, 2009GMC said:

The SUV’s have these options, possible addition to trucks?

HUD

Adaptive cruise

Blind spot monitor

Push button start

Thanks GM for adding all of this to the 2019 new gen ;-)

Would love to see if any of these features would work on the K2 trucks. I know that someone had looked at doing the HUD and there was something about special windshield glass or something. Adaptive cruise and blind spot would be great.

7 hours ago, BSherrod said:

Would love to see if any of these features would work on the K2 trucks. I know that someone had looked at doing the HUD and there was something about special windshield glass or something. Adaptive cruise and blind spot would be great.

I would like Phil to “mod” the search feature on this forum to find the thread(s) we’re looking for...

3/4s of the time I give up and use Google and find them. Perfect example is the HUD thread. Type in HUD in the search on here and it says found 0 results go to Google type in 2015 Silverado HUD the first thing that comes up is the HUD thread on this site. Maybe it’s just me? I don’t get it...

• Like 3

I would like Phil to “mod” the search feature on this forum to find the thread(s) we’re looking for...

3/4s of the time I give up and use Google and find them. Perfect example is the HUD thread. Type in HUD in the search on here and it says found 0 results go to Google type in 2015 Silverado HUD the first thing that comes up is the HUD thread on this site. Maybe it’s just me? I don’t get it...

100% agree with this!! LOL. I do the same every time! [emoji23]. I also don’t like it when I don’t get a notification to a subscribed thread. Like this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, wforrest08 said:

Not what I intended when I started this thread, but dead on accurate!!! :lol:

• Like 1

I am looking at adding:

- Factory Trailer Brake

- Lane Departure Warning

- OEM - Headlight Switch, with the extra button for aux lights (Not sure what I will use it for yet)

- IP Panel Switch with additional buttons to be used for other uses.

- Switchback LED to my Illuminated door handles

- Redline Badging

Not in any specific order.

As for:

HUD - Someone actually has tried it but haven’t seen updates on it. Since full HUD requires custom modification, I don’t know I’ll get into that. The Lane Departure systems uses a form of HUD but not the same as the full blown HUD like on SUVs. The truck version is just a red LED indicator.

Push Button Start - Too many hardware requirements, modules, and programming. Not sure if it’s even possible.

Passive Entry - Same as Push Button Start

Blind Spot Monitoring - Same as Push Button Start. Tons of hardware, wiring, programming... Anything that has to do with the safety system will be very difficult to get done (programming side).

Keep the list coming [emoji4]

26 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

I am looking at adding:

- Factory Trailer Brake

- Lane Departure Warning

- OEM - Headlight Switch, with the extra button for aux lights (Not sure what I will use it for yet)

- IP Panel Switch with additional buttons to be used for other uses.

- Switchback LED to my Illuminated door handles

- Redline Badging

Not in any specific order.

As for:

HUD - Someone actually has tried it but haven’t seen updates on it. Since full HUD requires custom modification, I don’t know I’ll get into that. The Lane Departure systems uses a form of HUD but not the same as the full blown HUD like on SUVs. The truck version is just a red LED indicator.

Push Button Start - Too many hardware requirements, modules, and programming. Not sure if it’s even possible.

Passive Entry - Same as Push Button Start

Blind Spot Monitoring - Same as Push Button Start. Tons of hardware, wiring, programming... Anything that has to do with the safety system will be very difficult to get done (programming side).

Keep the list coming emoji4.png

4wd? Bahahaha

• Like 1