New Member from Texas

Good evening all,

My name is Richard and back in May 2018 I purchased a new 2018 Silverado LT; it's the deep ocean blue color 5.3. I figured since this is such a new vehicle to me I'd join so I can keep up on whatever may happen or other interesting things with this generation of truck.

At any rate, I finished fishing a 4 awg wire which took me about 10 minutes which was nice; I had read on here how some people suggested and in the end I just used a clothes hanger. With the great information on this site it's a no brainer to join.

Thanks for all the info and I'm looking forward to learning more as time goes on,

Cheers!

I have no complaints. Far better winters than Minnesota to be certain. San Antonio and Austin are both beautiful and on a smaller side. DFW is massive as is Houston but you’ll have to deal with th humidity and periodic hurricanes.

10 hours ago, RichardG said:

Good evening all,

My name is Richard and back in May 2018 I purchased a new 2018 Silverado LT; it's the deep ocean blue color 5.3. I figured since this is such a new vehicle to me I'd join so I can keep up on whatever may happen or other interesting things with this generation of truck.

At any rate, I finished fishing a 4 awg wire which took me about 10 minutes which was nice; I had read on here how some people suggested and in the end I just used a clothes hanger. With the great information on this site it's a no brainer to join.

Thanks for all the info and I'm looking forward to learning more as time goes on,

Cheers!

Welcome to this forum and congratulations on your '18 Silverado LT!  (I have one in my sights)  The old wire coat hangers are useful for all kinds of tasks.  They make great probes for running wires and pipes in your home. Put a length of coat hanger at the end of your drill and it will go through walls and floors leaving little trace.

Welcome. This place is great for all kinds of help and ideas. There are some very knowledgeable people in here. What part of TX you in? I was born and raised north of DFW area.

Delivered via my cellular device using a mobile chat forum thingy.

Thanks for the welcomes guys. I was learning about some power mirrors as well.

I’m currently in San Antonio. I am originally from Arlington and lived in Rendon for quite some time. Are you still in AZ as your tags says or did you head back.

I’m currently in San Antonio. I am originally from Arlington and lived in Rendon for quite some time. Are you still in AZ as your tags says or did you head back.

Still out in Tucson AZ. This is where we decided to move back to when I retired from the military. We love it out here. Still close enough to head back and visit the family over an extra long weekend.

Delivered via my cellular device using a mobile chat forum thingy.

On 2018-08-04 at 3:00 PM, RichardG said:

Do you know the hill family? I played football with Hank.