HELP!!! MYLink Screen is Black 2016 Suburban

• 10 months later...
On 2/11/2020 at 8:05 PM, kurtscash said:

My backup screen works but no Chevy MyLink... no bluetooth, no radio, do you have any insight with these factors know it's more likely to be HMI or radio or whole unit ?

I have the same problem did you get a solution?

• 3 months later...

I own a 2016 Suburban LTZ. Like your MyLink screen, I have the exact same problem. My MyLink screen appears to have a mind of its own. It changes radio channels and modes erractically a short while after the car is in motion. There's also a clicking sound while all this is going on. You'll see the icons on the screen in erratic motion, in any direction. With this, the touch screen is inactive. I hope there's a solution to this. 

Pius 

I own a 2016 Chevy Suburban LTZ (with 21,000 km). The MyLink screen has gone wacko! Shortly after engine startup the icons on the screen become erratic, moving around on the screen. If in radio mode, the radio channels change erratically, sometimes changing bands too. Now the touch screen is no longer active so I can't change the date or anything else on the screen.

I would appreciate assistance in finding a solution to this problem. The beauty of this car is seriously damaged by this MyLink Infotainment problem. I live in Lagos and cannot find a reliable dealer who will not first rip me off!

Regards,

Pius

• 1 month later...

Had the same problem with 2016 Yukon Xl. First the changing of display screens with the clicking noise. Sometimes the touch screen wouldn’t work. It kept getting worse with time (last 12 months). Most recently it started changing stations on its own. Yesterday it stopped working completely, it show some info on screen, but no sound. Tried fuse, disconnecting cables behind glove box, and it would kind of work until I turn the car off. Today I removed the HMI box (it just slides out), cleaned it and put it back. All is working now! 

• 8 months later...

Mauromoh, all the solutions you listed, I have tried. Battery removal for 10 mins, disconnected the HMI and reconnected it, etc. The only thing I haven't tried in the cleaning of the HMI box (would love to see a photo of the HMI Box). What part of it did you clean? And what did you clean it with? I hope it's still working since your last post May 19 2021!

Cheers.