2019 Sierra 6.2 Crew Cab Denali WOT Runs

Hey guys, was surfing YouTube the other day and came across a 2019 6.2 Denali owner.  He keeps adding more and more vids which is great.

Link here is for his WOT vids in all the different driving modes.  Interesting how off road mode is the quickest by far.  Touring mode seemed like a dog, and I wasn't overly impressed with Sport either based on the video.

Edited by SkiDooNick700
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shift_grind said:

Truck looked like it was moving out to me.  4wd crew cab on 22s flew up to 106.  Even did a little 4wd burnout.  

106?  Musta bumped the speed limiter up some.  My 2015 Silverado LTZ 6.2L 4X4 CC will only do 98 mph when the speed limiter kicks in ?.....

I like the more numerous than before driving modes.  A tuner can tune one of the modes for all out low/no torque management and super quick shifts, and still have a every day mode and a tow/haul mode.  

That's the main reason I got a tuner is to get rid of the top speed governor.  My truck zooms right past 110mph and will reach 130 fairly easy.  On a closed track of course.  ;)

Honestly seems slower to me than the K2 trucks. I am getting 6.5 seconds to 60. K2's do high 5's. Maybe more aggressive and restrictive torque management on the 10 speed?

Car and driver did a review on the Denali with the 10 speed auto. It was a tad slower to 60. They summarize transmission tuning and too many shifts to 60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Car and driver did a review on the Denali with the 10 speed auto. It was a tad slower to 60. They summarize transmission tuning and too many shifts to 60.

Link?

I think he saw 1 magazine did 5.8 and he thinks every k2xx does 5.8 every time, no matter what.  This truck has 22s, no word on elevation, humidity, temp, it's not even fully broke in.  Traction off? 8 speed vs 10 isn't the difference and I'm not sure there are more shifts to 60. 

So far all the reviewer's said they accelerated better and gm says around .5 seconds faster to 60.  I have no reason to doubt it. 

Link?

I think he saw 1 magazine did 5.8 and he thinks every k2xx does 5.8 every time, no matter what.  This truck has 22s, no word on elevation, humidity, temp, it's not even fully broke in.  Traction off? 8 speed vs 10 isn't the difference and I'm not sure there are more shifts to 60. 

So far all the reviewer's said they accelerated better and gm says around .5 seconds faster to 60.  I have no reason to doubt it. 

I don’t do people’s work for them. Look up car and driver reviews it’s right there. A question was asked I answered. Two of the same vehicles could have different times, seen it many times.

5 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I don’t do people’s work for them. Look up car and driver reviews in it’s right there. A question was asked I answered. Two of the same vehicles could have different times, seen it many times.

Don't make a statement you can't back up. I asked for a link because I know there isn't one of a 2019 Silverado or Sierra doing 0-60 by Car and Driver.  Yukon maybe, but seeing as that's not a all new lighter truck it's irrelevant.  

Edited by shift_grind

Don't make a statement you can't back up. I asked for a link because I know there isn't one of a 2019 Silverado or Sierra doing 0-60 by Car and Driver.  Yukon maybe, but seeing as that's not a all new lighter truck it's irrelevant.  

I have the app on my phone. Soo the same drive line combo in a different truck will provide different results? So what’s faster GMC or Chevy with identical drive lines? That’s the best I’ve read today.