Phone mount?

gallery_151133_4800_1249650.jpggallery_151133_4800_109700.jpggallery_151133_4800_1736367.jpg

Had my phone mounted here.  10’ power/data cable, suction phone holder trimmed down, and was about to put a bolt, washers and nut in to better secure it.  Had I installed the bolt, washers, and nut, it would not have fell out of the pocket during my accident.  Looking at reusing this phone holder if my next truck does not have the brake controller installed.

• Like 1

gallery_151133_4800_1249650.jpggallery_151133_4800_109700.jpggallery_151133_4800_1736367.jpg

Had my phone mounted here.  10’ power/data cable, suction phone holder trimmed down, and was about to put a bolt, washers and nut in to better secure it.  Had I installed the bolt, washers, and nut, it would not have fell out of the pocket during my accident.  Looking at reusing this phone holder if my next truck does not have the brake controller installed.

I’m liking this location with a tucked-up charging cable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, pronstar said:

I’m liking this location with a tucked-up charging cable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The actual plan that I ran with is in the mods under $50 thread.  I made a few small adjustments from his to make it work better to my liking.  I put mine in upside down from what he did, and notched the “round sides” to allow it to fit better in the pocket.  I had to drill a small (3/8”) hole in the bottom of my center console, where he had a USB in his upper glovebox.  

17 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

The actual plan that I ran with is in the mods under $50 thread.  I made a few small adjustments from his to make it work better to my liking.  I put mine in upside down from what he did, and notched the “round sides” to allow it to fit better in the pocket.  I had to drill a small (3/8”) hole in the bottom of my center console, where he had a USB in his upper glovebox.  

Page 16

• 1 month later...

WELL, since my '15 was totaled and I have purchased a new truck ('18 Silverado), I no longer need this phone holder, if anyone wants it.

Also, I'm looking for a new way to hold my phone, since my new truck is 4WD and has the brake controller in that spot.

Edited by Ravenkeeper
SOLD!!

I've looked at a few vent mounts but our vents are too vertical I find, so after a few days I find they start to sag down. I just got one that had a little hook on the end, but its not deep enough to grab the back of the vent fin. sigh. I'd like to get a qi charger for my pixel 3. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

I've looked at a few vent mounts but our vents are too vertical I find, so after a few days I find they start to sag down. I just got one that had a little hook on the end, but its not deep enough to grab the back of the vent fin. sigh. I'd like to get a qi charger for my pixel 3. 

ProClip has mounts that go around the left or right center vents.   You buy the mount then you pick the phone holder you want.  So if you change phones etc you can just change that part of the mount. 

They also have a mount that goes just over the radio. 

Edited by t76turbo

On 8/26/2018 at 8:41 AM, Avolution03 said:

I've been using this simple magnet mount for a few weeks now.
Magnetic Car Phone Mount, APPS2Car Universal Stick On Rectangle Flat Dashboard Magnetic Car Mount Holder for Cell Phones and Mini Tablets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077GSPW9N/ref=cm_sw_r_other_taa_1UQGBb6QE5FGA

Strong magnet and extremely low profile. The radio bezel is tilted slightly towards the driver which is a perfect viewing angle for the phone.

And yes, thats a blackberry!! (Don't be jealous)

9a5f654d8398b6d78f63f1daab457910.jpge3deb1183f81b07a9ef767e2559e6a7c.jpgf0f66f24e44ca7c0f1ddc5a60456418c.jpg

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

looks like it blocks that vent pretty good... you still feeling air?.. what about when it gets cold. you worried about the heat , heating up that phone to much?

On 8/26/2018 at 9:33 PM, Korvete said:

I have the proclip.  They are pricey but well worth it.

https://www.proclipusa.com/product/834963-proclip-console-mount-left

This is the base:

image.png.d4fe69576ec16826f02dc14d76d2f9f3.png

This is the phone mount that screws into the base:

image.png.deb5fe6b54aa222d985b19d864c23063.pngAdjustable iPhone Holder for Lightning to USB Cable

saved link~.. i really like that location... .i plug mine in and put it sideways in the "envelope" holder... now i just need to do something with that dumb chord.

1 hour ago, t76turbo said:

ProClip has mounts that go around the left or right center vents.   You buy the mount then you pick the phone holder you want.  So if you change phones etc you can just change that part of the mount. 

They also have a mount that goes just over the radio. 

yeah, Ive looked at those. They could work. I don't care for the holder themselves though. I suppose I could just use the mount and use 3m to attach a dash mount to it. 

Materials: 

* (1) Metal hanger cut to length

* (3) 3/8" x 3" heatshrink tubing scraps

* (1) Magnetic micro-USB cable  (run behind the dash to glove box)

* (1) Magnetic sticky puck (stuck to the ashtray)

* (1) Steel disk (stuck the back of the phone)

5bd26869e686f_justthemount.thumb.jpg.2dd9c8935108f4818f413c309e3bd974.jpg5bd26868cf9be_inuse.thumb.jpg.da88c1474121c5e89a931da23ea33bd4.jpg

Edited by boombalatty
  • Like 1

I have a qi charger for my iPhone 7 Plus. The charger i have is an iottie. I LOVE it. It’s a windshield mount and I have it hardwired into the trucks fuse box. I just set my phone in it and don’t worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, catpartsman said:

I have a qi charger for my iPhone 7 Plus. The charger i have is an iottie. I LOVE it. It’s a windshield mount and I have it hardwired into the trucks fuse box. I just set my phone in it and don’t worry about it.

saw that one. Only issue is its capped at 5w. Google only does 10w on it its own charger at the moment. Gotta wait for companies to roll out updated specs to get that extra 5w 

saw that one. Only issue is its capped at 5w. Google only does 10w on it its own charger at the moment. Gotta wait for companies to roll out updated specs to get that extra 5w 

Isn’t the total of 10W only for faster charging? My iottie charged fairly quickly for my phone and my wife’s Galaxy S9+.