2018 ford 5.0 rcsb

Has anybody seen how fast these things are?

With the 10speed auto they are running 13.3 1/4mile stock.

with a tune they are hitting high 12’s.

That is nuts for a non performance oriented truck!

Pretty much one of the fastest stock pickups ever made. I think the regular cab srt10 is the only thing that’s faster.

The mustang with the coyote/10speed is also very fast.

Ford knocked it out of the park with the 10speed, which is hilarious since they co-developed it with GM, and ours do pretty much nothing to improve performance.

Edited by truckguy82

13 minutes ago, Squiderado said:

The 2019s will have the ten speed on the I6 duramax and the 6.2, hopefully the 6.2 will put down some good numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new escalade has the 10 speed and it actually got slower by a hair.

Theres a guy on youtube with a ‘19 sierra denali and he does some not so official 0-60’s, and it certainly doesn’t seem any faster, if not slower.

2 hours ago, truckguy82 said:

Has anybody seen how fast these things are?

With the 10speed auto they are running 13.3 1/4mile stock.

with a tune they are hitting high 12’s.

That is nuts for a non performance oriented truck!

Pretty much one of the fastest stock pickups ever made. I think the regular cab srt10 is the only thing that’s faster.

The mustang with the coyote/10speed is also very fast.

Ford knocked it out of the park with the 10speed, which is hilarious since they co-developed it with GM, and ours do pretty much nothing to improve performance.

Where did you run across this?

41 minutes ago, Loco-diablo said:

The 1/4 mile will have little to ZERO effect on sales. GM focuses on comfort and utility of their trucks more than 1/4 mile numbers.

Now that is funny no matter who you are. Once of the goals of the 2019 was to bring back some of the comfort GM lost over the years. I know the AC system was overhauled. Still waiting to see if the softened up rock hard the leather like seats yet.

• Like 1

Now that is funny no matter who you are. Once of the goals of the 2019 was to bring back some of the comfort GM lost over the years. I know the AC system was overhauled. Still waiting to see if the softened up rock hard the leather like seats yet.

I don’t know anything about the comfort GM lost over the years. My last and only GM was a 66 Nova! It had ZERO comfort!

Ha ha.. you’re correct about the leather seats! They are kinda hard in my 2017.. NOBODY makes a better seat than Volvo. Nothing wrong with the AC though.

Just saying 95% of buyers don’t care about 1/4 mile numbers..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Loco-diablo said:

The 1/4 mile will have little to ZERO effect on sales. GM focuses on comfort and utility of their trucks more than 1/4 mile numbers.

This should be true but I believe these 1/4 mile numbers are very important to some buyers.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loco-diablo said:

Unfortunately you're correct.  

However, that is not a special edition Ford.  It just happens to be there V8 that's optional in just about any truck configuration and trim with the 10 speed and can be had with 3.55 gears.  

2 hours ago, Loco-diablo said:

Had to turn this into ford vs gm lol.

I don’t care about the 1/4 mile time specifically, but I do care very much how fast it is.

Some of us have to drive trucks everyday. Trucks are slow and generally not fun to drive. I personally want all the performance I can possibly get with the utility needed. It makes my day that much more enjoyable.

• Like 1