Navigation and memory card issue

Anybody with nav on their new truck? Every time I load navigation it says the memory card was removed. I have a memory card in the reader in the console and it doesn’t seem to read it.  

Any  help appreciated. 

I have formated and tried Fat, Fat32 and NTFS with no luck

I also have placed music on the memory card and it plays the music fine, so the memory card reader is functioning 

Edited by JacobC1983

Salesman has ordered me a new memory card.  The memory cards are somehow tied to the specific truck and that specific truck's navigation system.  Laura GMC in St Louis (Kerry Carnes - the salesman) has been great.  Incredibly responsive especially considering how big of a dealership they are.  

Thread can be closed.  Crisis averted.

Edited by JacobC1983

On 9/4/2018 at 7:08 PM, JacobC1983 said:

Salesman has ordered me a new memory card.  The memory cards are somehow tied to the specific truck and that specific truck's navigation system.  Laura GMC in St Louis (Kerry Carnes - the salesman) has been great.  Incredibly responsive especially considering how big of a dealership they are.  

Thread can be closed.  Crisis averted.

Glad it was figured out, I love my dealer too. They don’t stop until the issue is solved. 

A little info on the Card for you 2019 owners....

Source: GM TechLink

Navigation System SD Card Now Shipped in Keys Bag for 2019 Silverado 1500 and Sierra 1500

2019 Silverado 1500 and Sierra 1500 models equipped with infotainment system RPO IOT (Fig. 1) are the only models that will have an SD card for the navigation system. There is not an SD card for infotainment system RPOs IOR and IOS because they do not have embedded navigation systems.

F01-nav-radio.jpgFig. 1

In response to dealership feedback, the assembly plant no longer places the navigation SD card separately in the Loose Items bag. The navigation SD card is now placed in a smaller bag labeled Keys (Fig. 2), which is included inside the Loose Items bag.

F02-nav-keys-bag.jpgFig. 2

In addition, the Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) Form Special Instruction Items section has been revised to point out the inclusion of the navigation SD card, how it is shipped, and that it should be inserted into the SD card slot during the PDI process. (Fig. 3)

F03-nav-PDI-form.jpgFig. 3

During PDI, the SD card should be inserted into the SD slot in the center console or the center of the instrument panel below the climate controls.

If the navigation SD card is not inserted into the SD slot, the infotainment system may display an SD card error message.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 3:14 PM, RAYS B4U said:

I bought a High Country last Monday and was having the card has been removed msg, stopped by the dealer and they had to order me one, as one didn't come with it.

My SD card came in yesterday and was installed by the dealer, all is well now.