Reverse/Cargo Lights Diode Mod ... Did I Get the Right Diode?

Hey, Guys!

I finally received my diodes and wanted to be sure I got the right ones. Again, being electrically challenged, I was afraid to try them out before knowing for sure they were the correct ones and wouldn't cause any damage. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CDCTZ8R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

those look right to me... but i think there's a certain way they need to face... .. like the little grey stripe on the black part of the diode needs to go a certain way.. i believe i saw that in another thread... ..

• Like 2

Hey, Guys!

I finally received my diodes and wanted to be sure I got the right ones. Again, being electrically challenged, I was afraid to try them out before knowing for sure they were the correct ones and wouldn't cause any damage. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CDCTZ8R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Diodes are most definitely directional. Pay attention to how mine is inserted, and for the love of God, don't unplug the clips to make seating the diode easier! I made that mistake and needed a trip to my dealer to get my BCM reprogrammed.

When testing, start the engine, shift into reverse, look at cargo button. It will light up. The engine needs to actually be running, and to test with the key fob, you have to wait for it to get dark, or cover your light sensor on your dash.17cc1d5f0c8d5a2228adaa300bfaa1cc.jpeg

And as always... Enjoy your ride!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Great stuff, guys! I really appreciate it. 

xMEATxHAMMERx, I see you have another diode mod in effect. I know the reverse/cargo light mod is the brown to pink. What is the other diode for? Just curious.

Thanks again guys! Keep the thoughts coming if you have them!

Great stuff, guys! I really appreciate it. 

xMEATxHAMMERx, I see you have another diode mod in effect. I know the reverse/cargo light mod is the brown to pink. What is the other diode for? Just curious.

Thanks again guys! Keep the thoughts coming if you have them!

That’s the fogs on with high beams. I have mine plugged to parking lights. When my parking lights are on my fogs are on. Basically my fogs stay on all the time.

Delivered via my cellular device using a mobile chat forum thingy.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, xMEATxHAMMERx said:

Diodes are most definitely directional. Pay attention to how mine is inserted, and for the love of God, don't unplug the clips to make seating the diode easier! I made that mistake and needed a trip to my dealer to get my BCM reprogrammed.

When testing, start the engine, shift into reverse, look at cargo button. It will light up. The engine needs to actually be running, and to test with the key fob, you have to wait for it to get dark, or cover your light sensor on your dash.17cc1d5f0c8d5a2228adaa300bfaa1cc.jpeg

Just curious, why did unplugging cause a trip to the dealer?  I did not realize simply unplugging from the BCM would cause an issue.

• Like 1

Just curious, why did unplugging cause a trip to the dealer?  I did not realize simply unplugging from the BCM would cause an issue.
It caused an error on startup and actually disabled all dive assist systems. I can't remember exactly what it said but I posted a pic of it on another thread. If I can find it, I'll put it in this thread. As far as I know, the only driver assist systems I have are the down hill breaking and the start assist when pulling away from a red light on a hill. If you have lane drift warning or the stopped vehicle assist, the situation would be more noticeable. Also, it's pretty flat where I live... But if I still lived in the land of the hills, aka Pennsylvania, then the hill start assist would have been more noticeable.

• Like 1

Does that always happen or was it a fluke?
TBH, I'm not sure. But it happened immediately, and the only thing that made sense was the loss of connection. I didn't turn the key on with it disconnected, but I didn't disconnect the battery either.

Ummmmm....that was SUPER easy! Contorting myself to get under my dash far enough to see what I was doing was the most difficult part! Thanks again for the help everyone!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...