Demuro - 2019 Review

GMC-AT

He does some of the best car review on YouTube.  I thought for sure he would rip the 2019 GM trucks, especially since he has already reviewed the 2019 RAM limited.  Anyway.. he rated the Denali slightly higher - basically the RAM has a much nicer interior and tech...which anyone who has learned about the 2019 RAM knows is 100% true.  However, the RAM reliability was a pretty big concern..  

Based on a ton of researched for both trucks, and for a time was super close to ordering a 2019 RAM, I do agree.  My finial determination was indeed the same.. RAM is like a Rolls Royce inside.. but is having a lot more first year bugs than we normally see.  I ordered the 2019 Silverado... she don't have as many buttons as the RAM  but if it works right I will be happier than a pig in mud. 

• Like 2

Doug DeMuro can be entertaining, but saying he does the "best car reviews" on YouTube is a huuugggeee stretch. What he does barely even qualifies as a review. He rarely rips apart any car, especially a brand new one, unless it is just out of this world noncompetitive (like the Mercedes Metris). He is focused on his brand of entertainment.  

Yes, he does look and sound like the IT support guy...  but he knows cars pretty well compared to many others.  What makes me the most mad is seeing some dealers that have no idea of their own product...  they are incorrect on half of what they say... 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GMC-AT said:

Yes, he does look and sound like the IT support guy...  but he knows cars pretty well compared to many others.  What makes me the most mad is seeing some dealers that have no idea of their own product...  they are incorrect on half of what they say... 

I have yet to come across any dealer here in the KC area that has known more about the vehicles than I do when purchasing.

For the most part salesman are high turnover and that is probably why.

5 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

I have yet to come across any dealer here in the KC area that has known more about the vehicles than I do when purchasing.

For the most part salesman are high turnover and that is probably why.

I agree. I do my homework well before I ever get near the dealer. I have yet to meet a salesman who knows anything at all in depth about their product. It's embarrassing to talk to them. The dealer videos on Youtube crack me up especially when they tout bigger horsepower numbers.

Some things never change.  Looked at a '19 Denali 1500 inside the showroom, loved the truck but the salesperson put a mild damper on my excitement, not horrible, just unknowledgeable and slightly argumentative when challenged.  

The good news is the wife is full buy-in, and I scored a major victory in departing before the "manager" could "meet" me!  

• Like 1