Had a look at the new Denali yesterday.

No one could tell me how the tilt steering worked other that that lever in the middle of the column.

Hoping that isn’t the only way to adjust.

Also, power pedal adjustment gone?

May not make a move...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, whaler said:

Didn’t know about the turn signals. Interesting.
How about the tilt steering?

Steering wheel is either tilt only or tilt and telescoping, depending on trim level.

Denali should have both.

It is operated by the single lever under the steering column for both functions.

Steering wheel is either tilt only or tilt and telescoping, depending on trim level.
Denali should have both.
It is operated by the single lever under the steering column for both functions.

I don’t like that at all. I guess I will Wait a few years

8 hours ago, whaler said:

No one could tell me how the tilt steering worked other that that lever in the middle of the column.

May not make a move...

In the years past I have always had tilt wheels without the telescoping feature. My 19 is the first to have the telescoping and I love it. You release the lever in the column move up and down on the steering wheel to tilt it and pull out to telescope it. At first I was disappointed about not having the power adjustable pedals too. In my opinion the power pedals are really not needed once you get your steering wheel, and seat adjusted to your liking. Overall I’ve noticed a big change in how everything is layed out. It’s much easier to navigate all the features of the truck going down the road. I would recommend taking some time to get everything adjusted the way you like it and take that puppy on a test drive. I don’t think you will be disappointed. ?

In the years past I have always had tilt wheels without the telescoping feature. My 19 is the first to have the telescoping and I love it. You release the lever in the column move up and down on the steering wheel to tilt it and pull out to telescope it. At first I was disappointed about not having the power adjustable pedals too. In my opinion the power pedals are really not needed once you get your steering wheel, and seat adjusted to your liking. Overall I’ve noticed a big change in how everything is layed out. It’s much easier to navigate all the features of the truck going down the road. I would recommend taking some time to get everything adjusted the way you like it and take that puppy on a test drive. I don’t think you will be disappointed. [emoji3]

Actually the new trucks disappoint me over my 2016. So does the tilt steering, turn signal in the mirror, power pedals and more. May just keep what I have for a few more years.

Turn Signal in the mirror = not good if you have blind spot monitor mirrors.  All the different lights would conflict. 

Power pedals -  I personally never touched them on my 2014 or 2016, and could care less they are gone now.  But I know a lot of people share vehicles and like it.  I guess the telescoping wheel gives more adjustment and GM felt no need for the pedals.   

What is nice and it is only in the SUV's  Tahoe and Suburban is the power telescoping and tilt steering wheel.  Love it in our Burb.  When I get in to drive all the adjustments go to my settings which is really nice.

Why GM didn't keep that feature is beyond me. One would think they would have at least had it in the High Country or Denali package.  I guess they did away with it to help get down on the weight of the truck.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, whaler said:

May not make a move...

On my 2019 High Country the steering wheel tilts and telescopes with a single lever on the bottom of the steering column.  I was originally concerned about no power pedals since my wife always needed them in the past.  On the 19 she is able to adjust the seat and steering wheel to comfortably drive the Truck without need of the power pedals.   I miss the turn signal indicator lights in the side mirrors, however I would not trade them for blind spot monitor indicator in the mirror.

1 hour ago, Black02Silverado said:

What is nice and it is only in the SUV's  Tahoe and Suburban is the power telescoping and tilt steering wheel.  Love it in our Burb.  When I get in to drive all the adjustments go to my settings which is really nice.

Why GM didn't keep that feature is beyond me. One would think they would have at least had it in the High Country or Denali package.  I guess they did away with it to help get down on the weight of the truck.

GM dropped the ball on these 2019 1500s so far. De-contenting has never resulted in increased sales. A gimmicky tailgate does not create sales. Nor does omitting the items you mentioned, and don't forget no CD player. Sure, CDs aren't popular like they once were, but many people still have them in their vehicles because not everything they listen to is on their phone.

Am I the only one who likes that the steering wheel adjustments are not powered? When I get in and out of my truck I always raise the steering all the way up so I am not smoking my legs against it. I am not even tall and figured this would be a larger pain if I was.. 

• Like 1

I have had a tilt steering columns in cars and trucks dating back to my 1973 Buick and in all of these vehicles I have raised the steering wheel to get out.  I recently tried out a 2019 Denali and when I got in my right leg drug on the bottom of the steering wheel.  I looked for the tilt lever and was disappointed by what you had to do to adjust the wheel.  But, once adjusted to my liking, I found I did not have to adjust it again and I liked it.  My 2014 Sierra and my 2017 Denali both had the adjustable pedals and I never found a need to adjust them as long as they were all the way down.  I really liked the 2019 and it felt both quicker and smoother than my 2017.  Also it was quieter and rode better.  While I really like my 2017 I plan on trading as soon as GM starts to offer some incentives on the new trucks. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No power tilt/tele in the Denalis? Hmm..in my 10yr old BMW and our Infiniti SUV, the power tilt/tele is tied to memory settings and will automatically move out of the way and seat will move back when ignition is turned off.  Considering an SLT 6.2 nearby. Power pedals missing is not major, but I read that rain-sensing wipers are not available either (but once were)?