Interested in a 2019...how to time rebates

I’ve been lurking on here ever since I found the T1xx thread several months back. When I saw the trail boss release I was pretty much sold on picking up a 2019 but like everyone else I have a budget I need to hit. 

Im currently deployed and will be returning Mid May of 2019. I can basically purchase at any time from March on and have someone pick my truck up for me. My question is about rebate timing. I’m looking for a either an LT z71 or trail boss package. Based on MSRP I need to be at 10-11k in rebates/markdown to hit my budget. Historically when should I see that start to happen. Right now I’m finding LT’s up to about 6K off. I’m from the Midwest as I know this will play into the rebate. Is there a good summer month for Chevy and rebates. I can wait until as late as mid June based on the fact that I will be on leave and can share my wife’s SUV for a few weeks. 

If you want to see those kind of rebates on a 2019. My guess would be December of next year.  They are a completely new truck and GM isn't going to slash the price that much right off the bat.  You might be lucky to get a 6k rebate but not 10k I would think.

Wow that is a lot later than I would have expected. I do see the logic from GM on waiting until the 2019’s are completely on the lot but I didn’t think it would be at the end of 19. I guess I’ll wait and see what happens. 

My backup is probably going to be an F150 if GM doesnt offer the big rebates. It looks like 2020 is going to be the f150 refresh so the 19’s should start showing some heavy rebates next summer. I much prefer the GM styling wise but unfortunately budget is budget. 

Thanks for your input  

3 minutes ago, electron_si said:

Wow that is a lot later than I would have expected. I do see the logic from GM on waiting until the 2019’s are completely on the lot but I didn’t think it would be at the end of 19. I guess I’ll wait and see what happens. 

My backup is probably going to be an F150 if GM doesnt offer the big rebates. It looks like 2020 is going to be the f150 refresh so the 19’s should start showing some heavy rebates next summer. I much prefer the GM styling wise but unfortunately budget is budget. 

Thanks for your input  

No problem. Thank you for your service!

11k off of MSRP is alot. but, you should eventually find some for 15% below MPRP.

Obviously the price tag is really high right now, but its hard to predict the future. I think some good deals can be had the following summer on "new" trucks. Since by next June some people will already be thinking about waiting for the 2020.

The longer you can wait, the better off you'll be. Also you need to check with individual dealerships, since they don't all offer the same promos at the same time. They may or may not be advertised online either. Have you asked about the military discount? Get quotes from a couple dealers around you to make sure you get the best price.

Stay safe, I hope you get to enjoy your new truck soon!

I personally buy year-end vehicles to take advantage of sale pricing.  However there is a gamble if you wait too long.  The vehicles that are left on the lot have been picked over and some pretty weird combinations are left.  For example, yesterday, I found a SLT without a centre console, sliding rear-window or parking sensors.  Great price for an SLT, but most SLE's are better equipped!  "They" say the best time to purchase a vehicle (or computer) is when you need one.  Availability, options, pricing and incentives are constantly changing.  Go shopping when you are ready to purchase and get the best deal available at the time.  

Edited by Donstar

I got an 18% off rebate/deal in June of 2017, on my new 2017 Midnight LT+ DC which was about $9200 off the $51K sticker. Depending on what you want, when you want it, and where you're located will determine rebates. Sometimes the deals are just on DC's vs CC's or vise versa.

I think you'll see some good deals by early summer 2019 on the T1's.

You will only find those type of discounts for what's available on the current lots your looking at and normally from late summer on, best week imo is around thanksgiving and sometimes you will find a black friday event with 20% off msrp. Also looking at high volume dealers can net the best price most times, small dealers will always be far more expensive and less likely to budge price wise.

We have a high volume dealer about 4 hours from us and I don’t mind the drive. I will be on leave for 6 weeks with nothing else to do. Laura Chevy gmc in Missouri is already showing $6800 off their SLT’s right now. Their fords are about 11-13k off as well. They actually sell all big 3 there between their lots so I guess I’ll go down and see what i can get the best deal on between ford and GM. I’m looking to spend $41k + TTL so I’m sure I’ll be able to find something. Hopefully it will be a 2019 Z71 LT. I don’t mind cloth or bench seat I really just want the convenience package 1 and Trailer Brake with the RD4 20” wheels. A trailboss with the same configuration would be fine too. Most stickers I’ve seen ar about 50.5k to 51.5k. 

I guess we will see what happens 

I think you’re best bet for a deep discount is going to be late summer/early fall of 2019. Basically when the 2020’s hit the lot. That being said the Trailboss isn’t a mass volume model. It’s doubtful that there will be very many on the lot at the end of the year to get that size of a discount. I have a Trail Boss and the the sticker was 56k. The dealer I bought mine from had a couple LT Z71’ s 49-53k. Maybe consider the Custom TrailBoss once it is released. I’m not sure of what options will be available but from what I seen MSRP is about 6k less than the LT TrailBoss. 

9 hours ago, electron_si said:

The custom comes with a v6 which I’m not interested in 

The custom comes with the 5.3 V8, the difference is it is paired with the 6 speed transmission with active fuel management. The 8 speed transmission has dynamic fuel management. 

13E7FF60-4529-4780-AEDA-92F350DBA948.jpeg