Rough Country 2in Leveling kit - New Billet Aluminum or rubber kit

So I see Rough Country has the red billet aluminum leveling kits as well as the previous style kit. 

Previous Style - Rubber\plastic I assume?

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-leveling-lift-kit-1307.html

Aluminum Billet

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-leveling-lift-kit-1313.html

Any real difference other than what it's made of? Does anyone recommend one and not the other? I notice other companies use billet aluminum spacers, etc. but wasn't sure what everyone experience was.

thoughts?

So I see Rough Country has the red billet aluminum leveling kits as well as the previous style kit. 

Previous Style - Rubber\plastic I assume?

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-leveling-lift-kit-1307.html

Aluminum Billet

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-leveling-lift-kit-1313.html

Any real difference other than what it's made of? Does anyone recommend one and not the other? I notice other companies use billet aluminum spacers, etc. but wasn't sure what everyone experience was.

thoughts?

That’s a no brainer, Billet Aluminum!

Both are light weight but Billet Aluminum is much stronger than plastic especially holding trucks full weight. ProComp 2.25” front and 1” added rear is what I’ve got on my 18, CC SLT 6.2 4X4 Z71

Sent from above

Has anyone had to add wheel spacers after the 2in leveling with stock 20" Goodyear LS-2 tires? I been reading and some say the RC 2in leveling kit may cause some rubbing with stock tires.

I was thinking of purchasing these if needed https://www.roughcountry.com/wheel-spacers-1065.html 

• 2 weeks later...

I just had the 2in RC Billet installed yesterday. I noticed the driver side front sitting a bit lower than the passenger side front. Once I measured it was almost an 1inch shorter. Did anyone have an issue like this?

How is that even possible?  I've installed a dozen similar type spacer lifts on non-gm trucks and the only time I've seen an unevenness in height was just after I completed the job, before taking it to be aligned (which needs to be done immediately).  Just purchased my first gm product this week. '18.  Information on what kits works and what kits require UCA's is a mess on here.    Bit  upsetting.  Let us know how yours works out. 

After the install it was sent out for the an alignment and was adjusted. So that was last night. I just took the truck out and parked it on a level surface and I measured the passenger side, it is almost 38in from the ground up the through middle of the tire to the edge of the wheel well. The driver side is 37 1/2 so either it was not on a level surface last night or it needed to settle some. The rear passenger is 40in and the driver side rear is 39 1/2. Only thing I can think of is additional weight on that side. 

Yes, my 2017 has the stamped UCA's. So far I see no change in the ride. The shop that did my install has being working on lifting trucks and leveling for many years. They pretty much stick with Rough Country leveling kits but they had not heard or seen the new Rough Country Billet leveling kit until I brought it up to them. They had only been installing the polymer kit so this is their first billet RC kit. They preferred the billet and it's so light.

Since mine is a v6, I plan on only replacing the tires with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/60/20. Don't want to add the extra weight of rims and tires. I spec'd out the tires with the Fuel Vapors 20x9 and I was adding almost 100lbs per side. 

Edited by Morenar

Since this is my first GM, I've justvrecently started looking at this forum and it seems a solid 50% of the guys here, as well as the companies that make this stuff, are saying a guy should buy new UCA's if he has this stamped style.  "Minimal support for the ball joint" is what they say.  I want to get a few miles in mine, actually will probably run it until spring before leveling so I had not called the companies yet myself.  I've used a handfull of rough country lifts (3-6" real lifts) and never had a problem.  On leving kits, I have used Autospringcorp with no complaints either.    Thank you for the pics and reply