BORLA Exhaust for the 2019+ Silverado/Sierra 1500

I had the Borla touring exhaust on my 2016 LTZ with the 6.2 and it was good. No drone at all and sounded good. Changed the tips to 18” and slid the pipe further in the tip and it quieted it down to where I liked it

On 10/25/2018 at 6:37 AM, smit303 said:

Who is making the GM cat-back systems they are putting in the 19s? Is it Borla or Corsa? I have it as a dealer installed option. Sounds great by the way. Too old and stupid to give you a soundtrack. Anyone know?

Did you order it that way from the factory or have it put on at the dealership? Is there any drone in the cab?

On 1/11/2019 at 7:50 AM, ndogg ct said:

Has anyone ever figured this out? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is made by Borla.  talked to rep and he said its the Touring muffler, Made specifically for GM. They re working on 2 others but haven't quite got the sound they are looking for. AFM is giving them a hard time

On 10/25/2018 at 6:37 AM, smit303 said:

Who is making the GM cat-back systems they are putting in the 19s? Is it Borla or Corsa? I have it as a dealer installed option. Sounds great by the way. Too old and stupid to give you a soundtrack. Anyone know?

Is it loud or just has a good tone? Any drone in the cabin?

No drone at all. A little loud at startup. Moderately quiet until you put your foot in it. I like it. Many other here do too. There are some sound bites around. Hate to say it, but it reminds me a little of the Ram exhaust note.  Of course, nothing sounds better than a GM smallblock.

Just had the factory Borla exhaust put on my 2019 Sierra Denali with the 6.2. Too loud for me when getting on the throttle. Going  to have to try and find something that has a deep sound but that want blow you out of the truck when you get down on it.

• Like 1

Hello all. 
The GM Performance systems for the 2019 Silverados are indeed made by Borla. They are made according to GM's specifications and are separate from the aftermarket Borla systems. 

Thank you all for your input so far! Unfortunately, we will not have any videos/sound clips until we release our parts. Sorry! Also, we do plan to offer systems that will retain the use of the factory tips and systems with quad tips. 

Hey Ian, any updates you can provide at this time?

As I have stated in my original post on this thread, we will be offering systems that work with the factory valance tips. However, we are also planning to offer systems with quad tips. We did want to get your feedback regarding which chrome tip style you would prefer, Round or Square. 

Systems will also be offered with Round Black Chrome Tips and Round Carbon Fiber Tips(both tip styles not pictured).

Here are some photos of the Round Chrome and Square Chrome tips. Please let us know what you think of these.

We did also make a poll thread here specifically discussing the round and square tip styles. Link: 

IMG_3169.JPG

IMG_3168.JPG

IMG_3342.JPG

IMG_3340.JPG

Ian, I’m a fan of the square tips you show in the pics. This body style has some sharp transitions that would be complimented by the square tips better than the round tips...in my opinion.