BORLA Exhaust for the 2019+ Silverado/Sierra 1500

Quad tips look great I will have that added to my 19+ truck before I pick it up at the dealer (if it is available for a 6.2) when I trade up in a year or so.  If you do not have a tip that says Borla how would be people identify the exhaust system? crawl under your truck?  Hmm this pic is upside down so try not to get too dizzy, you might fall down and be looking under a truck or something LOL!

IMG_5912.jpg.a9f0144c8ffffed48d088eab9174ef6c.jpg

IMG_6671.jpg.8ed5b5805a020f3c8918000ea396d681.jpg

2019 1500 Sierra Denali 6.2....

Replaced muffler with Magnaflow removing flapper on axle side kept resonators.   Sound is Great at start up and getting up to speed but drone is totally unacceptable at 60-70mph.  Can not live with the cabin drone!!!

Can you replace just the muffler to accomplish what I am looking for?  If so, what Borla  muffler is suggested for this truck?

Why is replacing the "system" from the cat back necessary if the "system" is already there?

Learning as I get up to speed!

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:56 PM, FRWYS & GRNS said:

2019 1500 Sierra Denali 6.2....

Replaced muffler with Magnaflow removing flapper on axle side kept resonators.   Sound is Great at start up and getting up to speed but drone is totally unacceptable at 60-70mph.  Can not live with the cabin drone!!!

Can you replace just the muffler to accomplish what I am looking for?  If so, what Borla  muffler is suggested for this truck?

Why is replacing the "system" from the cat back necessary if the "system" is already there?

Learning as I get up to speed!

A total assumption on my part but the "system" is designed from front to back, pipe size, length, muffler flow, bends, valves, engine. Boral (for example) does a lot of development when they release a "cat back" system that is specific to your vehicle. A Borla muffler may work just fine on the GM engineered "system" but it may not perform up to it's potential.

I have a 2019 Sierra Denali. And of course the awesome 6.2L engine needs a custom borla exhaust. It’s very tight underneath but I would love for borla to come up with a cat back duals with an x-over. I would like to utilize the integrated exhaust tips on the Denali...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
 Who is making the GM cat-back systems they are putting in the 19s? Is it Borla or Corsa? I have it as a dealer installed option. Sounds great by the way. Too old and stupid to give you a soundtrack. Anyone know?

Has anyone ever figured this out? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/11/2019 at 9:58 AM, 2019_Silverado_HC said:

GM Performance Exhaust is manufactured by Borla from what I have read.

The pics of the last generation kit and are clearly Corsa. Not so sure about this one. The pics on Chevrolet Performance's site show it has those funky mesh patches that are supposed to help with drone. Muffler might be Borla, it's hard to tell.

Hello all. 

The GM Performance systems for the 2019 Silverados are indeed made by Borla. They are made according to GM's specifications and are separate from the aftermarket Borla systems. 

Thank you all for your input so far! Unfortunately, we will not have any videos/sound clips until we release our parts. Sorry! Also, we do plan to offer systems that will retain the use of the factory tips and systems with quad tips. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ian@borla said:

Hello all. 

The GM Performance systems for the 2019 Silverados are indeed made by Borla. They are made according to GM's specifications and are separate from the aftermarket Borla systems. 

Thank you all for your input so far! Unfortunately, we will not have any videos/sound clips until we release our parts. Sorry! Also, we do plan to offer systems that will retain the use of the factory tips and systems with quad tips. 

Looking forward to your aftermarket options!