Anyone get an 18 Denali

56 minutes ago, Loco-diablo said:

I believe the 2018's are STILL in production until the end of the year.

The 14 to 18 body style will continue to be made into 2019. They will be badged as a limited. Saw two of them on the lot at my local dealer. I'm assuming it's too finish up any remaining stock of build items. Body style looked exactly like and 18, but the window sticker listed it as a 2019.

3 hours ago, 14tungstenLT said:

Anyone pick up (no pun intended) a 2018 Denali since the 19s hit the lots?  Im really trying to get out of my truck and though I do want to move over to Ram my heart is telling me to stay with GM.  Wondering what deals could be had on a left over 2018 denali crew/std with a 6.2.  

I did not get a Denali, but I did purchase a new 2018 SLT Premium Plus. With all the rebates and Dealer incentives it was $12,000 off sticker. The deals are out there just look for them.

4 hours ago, 14tungstenLT said:

i mean my silvy has had its fair share of issues too.  Biggest gripe for me is how GM handled the AC condenser issue.  

So you are wanting to get rid of your Silverado because of known design defects only to buy the same truck with the same known design defects? What are you expecting different to happen this time around?

Just now, O_J_Simpson said:

So you are wanting to get rid of your Silverado because of known design defects only to buy the same truck with the same known design defects? What are you expecting different to happen this time around?

this is very true and its my being raised a GM guy that has me torn.  The one advantage is a new warranty on a new truck.  

option 1 - 2019 ram lariat sport 
option 2 - 2018 sierra denali 6.2

option 3 - 2019 LT trail boss

All options have their positives and negatives.  will likely end up with the most financially feasible option (whichever that may be) 

3 hours ago, Grjfer said:

The 14 to 18 body style will continue to be made into 2019. They will be badged as a limited. Saw two of them on the lot at my local dealer. I'm assuming it's too finish up any remaining stock of build items. Body style looked exactly like and 18, but the window sticker listed it as a 2019.

Interesting about window sticker saying 19. I went into GMC dealership to get price on 19 Serria Crew Cab, SLT, Z71, Premium plus and left with a deal on 18. I couldn't pass up on deal that they offered me . 18 that I made deal on was recently built and was in Mexico plant storage lot at time I made deal and was tagged sold and yesterday it was loaded on to rail car for delivery yesterday according to dealer. Copy of invoice that I have states 18 will check and see if it has limited or 19 on sticker . Hoping truck makes it to dealership before Nov 30 when current rebates expire. I'm thinking that will NOT happen. Most likely rebates will get better after Nov 30 I don't remember rebates on end of model years cutting back they are usually are enhanced. Thanks for info . Dave

Edited by Borntorun

I picked up a 2018 Denali 6.2L 2WD (Ultimate Package except not 4WD) in early August.  MSRP was $60425.00.  Based on a Silverado High Country discount at another dealer, I offered 18.95% or $11450.54 off list.  I gave the dealer my spreadsheet and he accepted my offer of $48974.46 without further negotiation.

The truck is perfect, no issues whatsoever.  The DiabLew Tuned 6.2L 8-speed is really fast and the magnetic shocks make for a great riding truck.  That said, I kind of wish I would have looked at and read more about the new Ram before I bought my Denali.  Oh well…  I’m a GM guy.

Beauty Shot.JPG

Edited by JohnEaton54

3 hours ago, Grjfer said:

I did not get a Denali, but I did purchase a new 2018 SLT Premium Plus. With all the rebates and Dealer incentives it was $12,000 off sticker. The deals are out there just look for them.

Ouch.  Got mine for 17k off of the sticker.

Laura GMC is where it is as. '18 SLT Crew Short bed 4x4, 6.2L, Z71, Premium Plus, Sunroof, Quicksilver Metallic, floor liners for $44,055 out the door plus tax.

I would have bought a Denali but the incentives aren't as good, so it was a lot more money for very little in return.

1 hour ago, Borntorun said:

Interesting about window sticker saying 19. I went into GMC dealership to get price on 19 Serria Crew Cab, SLT, Z71, Premium plus and left with a deal on 18. I couldn't pass up on deal that they offered me . 18 that I made deal on was recently built and was in Mexico plant storage lot at time I made deal and was tagged sold and yesterday it was loaded on to rail car for delivery yesterday according to dealer. Copy of invoice that I have states 18 will check and see if it has limited or 19 on sticker . Hoping truck makes it to dealership before Nov 30 when current rebates expire. I'm thinking that will NOT happen. Most likely rebates will get better after Nov 30 I don't remember rebates on end of model years cutting back they are usually are enhanced. Thanks for info . Dave

https://www.gmc.com/trucks/sierra-1500-limited-pickup-truck/features

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nitrousbird said:

Ouch.  Got mine for 17k off of the sticker.

Laura GMC is where it is as. '18 SLT Crew Short bed 4x4, 6.2L, Z71, Premium Plus, Sunroof, Quicksilver Metallic, floor liners for $44,055 out the door plus tax.

I would have bought a Denali but the incentives aren't as good, so it was a lot more money for very little in return.

$17k off? Wow what's the catch? Was your truck a demo? Cuz I've never seen that much off at Laura. Usually $12-14k off.

OP, I would shoot for $10-12k off on an '18 Denali.

9 minutes ago, NWI Denali said:

$17k off? Wow what's the catch? Was your truck a demo? Cuz I've never seen that much off at Laura. Usually $12-14k off.

OP, I would shoot for $10-12k off on an '18 Denali.

No catch.  Full MSRP as delivered was $61,045.  Laura wanted $45,270 + $185 destination = $45,455.  $1000 off for using GM Financial and $500 Costco discount =  $44,055.  $16,990 off of MSRP.  GM's incentives were $11,200 of Laura's price reduction from MSRP - the rest was them.

9 minutes ago, wforrest08 said:

It will be a 018 the 019 GMC Limiteds and Chevy LDs are all double cabs no more K2 reg/crew cabs are being build.

Care to share any documentation stating this?  When I bought mine in mid-October the dealer was still ordering '18 Denali and SLT trucks.