Laura GMC Trade In

CptCook

Hi all. I am getting ready to order an AT4. Laura GMC is offering the best price by far. I believe I am going to trade in my F150. I live about 1500 miles from Laura, and even with the travel costs added on, their pricing is still the best. They have offered a very fair trade price. Add that to the sales tax advantage of trading in vs. selling outright, and this is the right choice. So, the question is.... has anyone been offered a trade in deal from Laura? And once you arrived (assuming your vehicle was in the shape you described to them) did they honor that price? Or did they try to give you a different price? It is a long way to drive, but the deal they offered is worth it if they don't try to change anything. 

Don't try to conceal anything and make sure your truck's condition is as described and I dont see you having an issue. One idea would be to get a free offer from carmax to give you some bargaining power if for some reason they try to lowball you down knowing you traveled all that way.

I bought 7 hrs away from me through chevrolet dealership. Sent them.photos worked everything out over the phone. Got down there no issues. Most places now deal with out of state people. I have also heard nothing but good news about lauras dealership.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have bought 4 vehicles for Laura Buick GMC over the last 5 years (Live in KC, so its about a 4 hour drive or 1 hour flight).  I have talked to them about trading in and they would give me a fair price, but I ended up just selling to the local car max (or we sold our last one to wife's sister for the trade in price).  Drove out with the wife for the first 2 and drove 2 cars back (took the kids and made a weekend trip).  The last 2, I just flew out and they picked me up from the airport and brought me to the dealership and I was on the road within a couple of hours.  They have always been stand up guys with me, hence why I kept going back, plus like you said, price could not be beat previously by anyone locally.  

Couple of months ago, traded the wife's Enclave for a new one and actually found it cheaper locally at Robert Brogan Buick GMC in Olathe, KS and it saved me the hassle of traveling to Laura Buick (might want to check them out as well if you are traveling anyways).  Only down side was that since it was an instate purchase for us, had to pay Olathe's slightly higher sales tax than the county we live in. 

As long as you did not with hold any pertinent information regarding your trade in, they are usually good about honoring the quote. or like someone said, take it to carman and get a trade in quote thats good for the week and can sell your call locally.

Edited by peterlawl84

Just did this in September to get my 2019.

Didn't leave anything out, got a reasonable quote, they honored the quote with no issue and was in and out after test driving my new truck within an hour.  

I highly suggest you contact Kerry Carnes there, he was excellent with me.

They are definitely the lowest advertised on the AT4s right now, good luck with the deal!  I've been emailing with a number of dealers on the East Coast (easier travel for me) and nobody is coming anywhere close to Laura's pricing.  Glad to hear they are fair on trades, I might have to do the same when the time comes to pull the trigger.

3 hours ago, jericbarg said:

Laura GMC always has great price, I use it with my local dealer.

He has always matched Laura's deal and I only have to drive 5 miles to pick it up.

LOL, I tried that with 2 dealers here in SW Florida. The closer of the 2 was still $2800 more than Laura. It will take about $1100 in fuel and hotels to get to Collinsville and I have the time. Easy choice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 10:51 AM, jericbarg said:

Laura GMC always has great price, I use it with my local dealer.

He has always matched Laura's deal and I only have to drive 5 miles to pick it up.

wow thats awesome, I tried that with several local dealers and no one could match, one got about $3k from price and was trying to say "you would be supporting your local dealer if you bought with us."  At another dealership (where I previously took all my vehicles for service), the sales manager called me a liar when I told him the price I was offered, needless to say, I walked out and haven't returned with any of my vehicles (before calling me a liar, I told him I had 5 GM vehicles that all get regular service at his service dept and he could look it up to confirm, he didn't bother looking my service record up).

As I mentioned, with upgrading my wife's car a few months ago, I was ready to fly out to Laura again, but noticed Robert Brogden actually had a better price, so went there to check it out and ended up leaving with a new car for the wife. 

Each time I had been there, was told about other customers flying in from different places (east coast and west), so they do a lot of internet sales.

• Like 1

OK, I promised an update...... I did purchase the AT4 from Laura. My wife and I drove the F150 from Florida to St Louis on our way to Chicago for Christmas. Upon arrival, we were a little disappointed. It took over 6 minutes until the porter pulled the new truck to the front of the building. (yes that was a weak attempt at wit...) The deal was exactly as advertised, including the offer they made us sight unseen on the F150. (as an aside, they beat the SW Florida Carmax offer by over $5k). The price on the AT4 was what they had promised, and they even made sure we got the GMC December discount on the accessories I ordered. I did buy the 2 year additional factory warranty (new to GM this year). Laura charges $1300 ($1208 for military/first responders) for this. I believe I have read the MSRP is around $1800.  Dave, the finance manager, did not try to push this or anything else. I asked him about it. The total elapsed time between our pulling into the lot and driving away was 1 hour 45 minutes. And about 30 minutes of that was spent by us transferring things between the 2 trucks. I couldn't be happier with the entire process. Our salesman was Ross Mandernach. He wouldn't let us leave until he was convinced we were satisfied! We would  certainly recommend him. (In fact, if you call him, tell him I sent you and I will split the $100 referral bonus with you!) Bottom line, great deal and they were good to the word to the last detail!

• Like 3

Nice to hear it all worked out and there were not surprises. I purchased my 2017 there last year and couldn't be happier as well.  They actually gave me $500 more than what they quoted me on the phone for my trade in once they saw it (excellent condition 2003, original owner, no accidents, etc..) and like someone said above their offer was $3k more than what CarMax was willing to give. 

Like you, my entire experience was excellent, very friendly sales people and no games on pricing, what is advertised is what you pay, and trade in is more than fair...  Send us a pic of your new ride ;) Those AT4's are pretty sweet.   

21 hours ago, CptCook said:

OK, I promised an update...... I did purchase the AT4 from Laura. My wife and I drove the F150 from Florida to St Louis on our way to Chicago for Christmas. Upon arrival, we were a little disappointed. It took over 6 minutes until the porter pulled the new truck to the front of the building. (yes that was a weak attempt at wit...) The deal was exactly as advertised, including the offer they made us sight unseen on the F150. (as an aside, they beat the SW Florida Carmax offer by over $5k). The price on the AT4 was what they had promised, and they even made sure we got the GMC December discount on the accessories I ordered. I did buy the 2 year additional factory warranty (new to GM this year). Laura charges $1300 ($1208 for military/first responders) for this. I believe I have read the MSRP is around $1800.  Dave, the finance manager, did not try to push this or anything else. I asked him about it. The total elapsed time between our pulling into the lot and driving away was 1 hour 45 minutes. And about 30 minutes of that was spent by us transferring things between the 2 trucks. I couldn't be happier with the entire process. Our salesman was Ross Mandernach. He wouldn't let us leave until he was convinced we were satisfied! We would  certainly recommend him. (In fact, if you call him, tell him I sent you and I will split the $100 referral bonus with you!) Bottom line, great deal and they were good to the word to the last detail!

I've been following this forum for a while and I'm trying to gather pricing info to make sure i'm not overpaying.   Would you mind sharing what you paid going through Laura GMC?   I've had 4 o 5 of the previous body style and I know i'm going to have to pay more for the 2019 but I need to feel like I"m getting a different truck!  hahaha

I've been looking at the 2019 LTZ CC 6.2, short bed,  z71 4x4, with the Safety and convenience package 2 as well as the sunroof, bed liner and sliding rear window.   The best I'm seeing is about $54k and after TTL etc you are over $58k.  That's hard to accept when you can get $15k off of a 2018 etc but I need something that appears different!   hahaha

They haven't had any good rebates on these 2019's yet so i'm HOPING January they decide to join the OTHER guys and drop their 2019 prices accordingly.   I've been watching Laura GMC and LOVE the AT4, that may be an option since they won't deal on them in AZ much.   

Thanks for any input on pricing, enjoy your new truck! 

Smitty

4 hours ago, Smitty said:

I've been following this forum for a while and I'm trying to gather pricing info to make sure i'm not overpaying.   Would you mind sharing what you paid going through Laura GMC?   I've had 4 o 5 of the previous body style and I know i'm going to have to pay more for the 2019 but I need to feel like I"m getting a different truck!  hahaha

I've been looking at the 2019 LTZ CC 6.2, short bed,  z71 4x4, with the Safety and convenience package 2 as well as the sunroof, bed liner and sliding rear window.   The best I'm seeing is about $54k and after TTL etc you are over $58k.  That's hard to accept when you can get $15k off of a 2018 etc but I need something that appears different!   hahaha

They haven't had any good rebates on these 2019's yet so i'm HOPING January they decide to join the OTHER guys and drop their 2019 prices accordingly.   I've been watching Laura GMC and LOVE the AT4, that may be an option since they won't deal on them in AZ much.   

Thanks for any input on pricing, enjoy your new truck! 

Smitty

Smitty,

I have the AT4, all 4 of the option packages, the 6.2L, sunroof, and the Duratrac tire upgrade. I paid $56,311. MSRP was $63,700. And I am enjoying the truck. The only complaint I have is the Nav map colors. They are (to my eye) very washed out pastel colors and various greyscale. No distinct blacks. And no adjustments. I figured that wouldn't matter, I would just use Google maps or Waze via the Android Auto feature. Well, no luck there either. When displayed on the truck, they both switch to the resident colors. Not a show stopper, just a disappointment for me.