Trailboss oversize tires

Ready Lift 2" SST for TB

17x9 Fuel Zephyr

315/70/17 AMP Terrain Pro A/T's. 

NO rub at full lock going forward, only a bit of rubbing at full lock in reverse on the mud flap and juuuust a tad on the felt fender liner. Haven't gotten around to playing with spacers or doing any trimming, but I'm sure anyone with just a bit of experience would make light work of getting rid of the rubbing all together.

20201117_113058.jpg

20201117_111604.jpg

• Like 2

Stock suspension Trail Boss with 295/70r18 Falken Wildpeak tires and 1.5in BORA wheel spacers. Just the right amount of stance and lift in my opinion. No rubbing at all since I trimmed the front mud flaps and removed the little brackets hidden behind them.

B2A68BE9-9497-442F-9F42-CD214943DB42.jpeg

69E760F6-A247-4501-B234-F7BEBE3BFFB2.jpeg

5DE1F842-B797-4926-B662-2D0D2FF6E5B7.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, I've been looking for a clear answer to help make my decision, input is appreciated.

Purchased the RL leveling kit, havent installed it yet, my goal is to run Ridge Grappler 295/70/18 on my stock wheels.

Can this be done? I dont want to purchase the tires and find out they wont fit the UAC from RL.

Thank you

Hi everyone, I've been looking for a clear answer to help make my decision, input is appreciated.

Purchased the RL leveling kit, havent installed it yet, my goal is to run Ridge Grappler 295/70/18 on my stock wheels.

Can this be done? I dont want to purchase the tires and find out they wont fit the UAC from RL.

Thank you

It won’t fit with the stock rims unless you get spacers. The tires will rub on the RL UCAs. That’s why I had to change my wheels to fit 295/70/18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, RadoPhan said:

It won’t fit with the stock rims unless you get spacers. The tires will rub on the RL UCAs. That’s why I had to change my wheels to fit 295/70/18

Curious, what size spacer? I’m running a 1-1/2” but my SST kit goes on in a few week. Looking at either those tires or a 35x11.50 or even a 12.50 if I can clear the UCA with no trimming or maybe the dumb mudflap mod. 

Curious, what size spacer? I’m running a 1-1/2” but my SST kit goes on in a few week. Looking at either those tires or a 35x11.50 or even a 12.50 if I can clear the UCA with no trimming or maybe the dumb mudflap mod. 

To be sure it fits, RL recommends offset of 0 for rims and that’s what I have but if you want to keep the stock rims, then the offset difference is 26mm so about 1.02 inches wide. If you have a 1.5” wheel spacer now it should work.

1 hour ago, RadoPhan said:

To be sure it fits, RL recommends offset of 0 for rims and that’s what I have but if you want to keep the stock rims, then the offset difference is 26mm so about 1.02 inches wide. If you have a 1.5” wheel spacer now it should work.

That’s the math I was using but for some reason I kept doubting it. After it’s installed I’m going to try a set of 1” spacers I have as well and see how it sits and if there’s a rub or not 

What size spacer would you need to run

A 285 75 r18 on stock wheels? Or does tire size not matter is all about the wheel?

Thank you

A 285 75 r18 on stock wheels? Or does tire size not matter is all about the wheel?

Thank you

According to the calculation, probably close to 0.2” less than the 295/70 tires since it’s .4” wider but take it into consideration that it might be exactly .2” if the wheel isn’t exactly at 0 offset. I would imagine a 1” wheel spacer would clear it with stock rims.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kickerz71 said:

Thank you

1-1/2” seems to be the best bet with stock wheels. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 1:05 PM, EricTheRed said:

Stock suspension Trail Boss with 295/70r18 Falken Wildpeak tires and 1.5in BORA wheel spacers. Just the right amount of stance and lift in my opinion. No rubbing at all since I trimmed the front mud flaps and removed the little brackets hidden behind them.

B2A68BE9-9497-442F-9F42-CD214943DB42.jpeg

69E760F6-A247-4501-B234-F7BEBE3BFFB2.jpeg

5DE1F842-B797-4926-B662-2D0D2FF6E5B7.jpeg

They look good. Any future concern with the wheel spacers wearing out front end components? Wheel bearings?

I've wanted my wheels out like yours, but read spacers arent good?

Also, any problems with rocks hitting your body? My falken wildpeaks sling gravel like crazy

This may be a dumb question, but I have seen people say they rub in reverse.  Why would you rub in reverse but not going forward?

I think the reason is that in a forward motion it’s a smooth surface that the tire gradually makes contact with in reverse it’s a straight edged abrupt contact that the tire is grabbing on its first contact with the mud flap.