Annoying Rattle, Behind Passenger dash or firewall

Has anybody experienced a rattle coming from the area of the passenger side dash, behind it, or passenger side firewall area? It's possibly the cowl under the windshield but not sure. I've gone around trying to bang on things with my hand to try to find something loose but no luck yet. It only happens with speeds over 35-40 MPH and seems to get louder the faster you go. I hate to take it to the stealership and have them just start taking things apart and create more rattles down the road. Any ideas would be appreciated.

7 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

Has anybody experienced a rattle coming from the area of the passenger side dash, behind it, or passenger side firewall area? It's possibly the cowl under the windshield but not sure. I've gone around trying to bang on things with my hand to try to find something loose but no luck yet. It only happens with speeds over 35-40 MPH and seems to get louder the faster you go. I hate to take it to the stealership and have them just start taking things apart and create more rattles down the road. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I know i have been dealing with a super annoying rattle in my dash area and thought for sure it was on the upper part but i ended up holding the plastic cover directly under the steering column and the noise stopped. A quick search on the net turned up this video..

Pretty much shows how lose some of the bolts holding these trim piece can get, i know this is the older model truck but i would not doubt if the pieces used are very similar since the interiors are nearly identical from 14-to current.

1 hour ago, eppieguy said:

Hi, Drew. We hope you're enjoying your Silverado High Country with the exception of this dash rattle. If you're thinking about stopping by your dealership for an evaluation, we would be happy to provide an additional layer of assistance. Please keep us updated via private message if and when this rattle disappears. 

Anthony J.

Found it....... I guess GM was trying to save a penny, missing bolt that holds right front mud flap to body, the fender nut was rattling on the fender with no bolt in it, put a bolt in it, noise is gone. 

10 hours ago, eppieguy said:

Found it....... I guess GM was trying to save a penny, missing bolt that holds right front mud flap to body, the fender nut was rattling on the fender with no bolt in it, put a bolt in it, noise is gone. 

Good detective work.  Rattles drive me nuts. Luckily I am rattle free right now.   Glad you found yours.

I have a  2019 Sierra Denali.  I have a similar rattle in my truck.  I only have 200 miles on it and it's driving me nuts.  

I thought it was the dash but now i'm localizing it to somewhere around the start button where panels come together.  Still haven't found it. 

On 2019-01-14 at 12:51 PM, cltsig said:

I have also developed a grindy squeak, drives me nuts.  Happens pretty much constantly.  It seems to be under the radio area but hard to tell.  Grrrr...

I have the same issue.  It's somewhere around the region of the start button on one of the adjoining panels.   I only have a 150 miles on my Denali so i haven't had enough to time to pinpoint the exact location.  

I have been under the dash and screws "seem" tight so far on everything i checked out.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m dealing with it until I can get in for my first oil change. Still there. It seems to squeak when the truck frame torques either way so I’m guessing it is near the firewall. That area is packed tight and nothing visible seems loose so it appears to buried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this same squeaking with my AT4. 2,000 miles on it currently, but it has been doing it since around 300 miles. I agree that the squeak happens when the frame moves and appears to be coming from behind the climate controls, which is adjacent to the push button start. After one unsuccessful attempt to locate it by the dealer, I removed the majority of the console and center stack. Still could not pinpoint exactly where it was with the duct work in the way, but it was significantly louder. I am also guessing it at or close to the firewall. It is back at the dealer for round 2. 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:51 PM, cltsig said:

I have also developed a grindy squeak, drives me nuts.  Happens pretty much constantly.  It seems to be under the radio area but hard to tell.  Grrrr...

I have the same squeak under my dash. Like yours, I think mine is coming from the same area. I cannot reproduce it with out driving so it requires something under there to flex. So since it is a squeak I have been looking at the rubber and hard plastic parts. No fix yet.

• 1 month later...

Finally after 51 days at the dealer, a GM Field Engineer figured out the issue. There is a harness near the firewall on the engine bay side that was rubbing causing the squeak. They had to drop the drive shaft to get to it.

Finally after 51 days at the dealer, a GM Field Engineer figured out the issue. There is a harness near the firewall on the engine bay side that was rubbing causing the squeak. They had to drop the drive shaft to get to it.

Sounds like what was diagnosed with mine. Some type of wiring harness near bell housing in front of tranny. Mine didn’t require the driveshaft to be dropped though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk