Might be a silly question but does it sound significantly different than the stock muffler? It sounded about like the stock exhaust on the video.
Yah it does sound louder but not much. I will get a revving video soon and that's when you can really tell. Plus I am doing this on my phone and it does not pick up sound well.

I just did a 600 Mile road trip and I am happy with it, the wife didn't complain about noise and there was no drone at all. You really only hear the muffler when you get on it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just delete the muffler that's what I did and sounds good.  always ran super 44 but ordered the super 44 and wasn't paying attention got the 1 in dual out and the pipes for the new truck goes up on top of the rear wheels so it would have been a pain in the ass to run new pipes, so i ended up deleting the muffler and it sounded great and no drone so I'm just sticking it to it 

• 2 weeks later...

So I have an appt to replace my stock muffler next week.  Other then replacing muffler do I need them to remove resonator or flapper?  In past Ive always just done a cat back but this is a lot cheaper and I like the dual on my truck from factory.  SIde note I have a Carven COmpetition on my 16 and loved the sound of that so I kind of like loud deep sound.

On 3/1/2019 at 2:03 PM, JR09country said:

Here is a short clip of a warm startup with the 14" flowmaster FX. I left the flap and the screen resonators on.

No drone at all and I can not hear the DFM switching on.

https://youtu.be/bff7uXkW-_k

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

ed2ad73c1868a3b733e8f90efc79c14a.jpg

The restriction in the system is the flapper valve. On my 6.2 there are 2 of them and each one when open restricts the flow 1.25 inches. I posted pictures of the valve open on an earlier post.

3 hours ago, snowman44 said:

Do I tell the muffler shop to just cut them out or do they have to replace with pipe?

They will know what to do. They will cut them off and then cut a piece of 3 1/2 exhaust tubing to adapt the muffler to the factory exhaust. They would do it anyway, it will just be a slightly longer adapter that they build. Total cost of installing my muffler and cutting off the flappers was $80. 

13 minutes ago, pckrphan said:

So confused. Just installed flowmaster on my 2019 silverado with single pipe coming out the side.

Absolutely no difference in sound.  What do I need to do?  Don't wanna screw up my manufacturer

warranty.  Any help would be great

What size engine do you have?  Did you just remove and replace the muffler?  What is the part number of the Flowmaster?