Goodyear Duratracs worth it?

I need new tires badly and do a decent amount of snow and mud driving.  Not a ton, but enough that I need a good tire for this.  PepBoys has a deal on Cooper tires (buy 3 get 1 free) and I was intrigued by the Discoverer or Adventurer AT tires.

But initially I was really looking at the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs tires before I came across the deal at PepBoys.  Anyone have any input on these and are they worth spending the extra money over the Cooper's?

Thanks!

Edited by MegaCode360

I have no experience with Other tires as I bought my truck with the wranglers on them.
I absolutely love them and plan on replacing them when it comes time for a new set. I have have zero issues with them and never had fear of losing traction.
I actually forgot to let air out on a beach ride one time and still had zero issues.
Love them and highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no experience with Other tires as I bought my truck with the wranglers on them.
I absolutely love them and plan on replacing them when it comes time for a new set. I have have zero issues with them and never had fear of losing traction.
I actually forgot to let air out on a beach ride one time and still had zero issues.
Love them and highly recommend.

The SRA's? If so I replaced mine at 30k miles. Some like them but for what he wants to do, I'd stay far away from them. IMO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The SRA's? If so I replaced mine at 30k miles. Some like them but for what he wants to do, I'd stay far away from them. IMO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Goodyear Duratraks are what I’m talking about. I bought my truck with them on it, stock, and have not had any issues with them and I’ve them.

Never ran them heard they perform well but are noisy as all get out on pavement.  Lots of threads here.  I just bought my AT with Toyo AT 2’s and I have been more than impressed in mud and slop.  No snow but there are some good YouTube vids on them.  I would hit YT for Duratrak info too. 

Edited by 4weight

My truck came with the Duratraks, I've been in some pretty deep nasty mud and am so far pretty impressed with the performance. They are somewhat noisy as others have said, I just turn up the radio and can't here them.:)

I thought the Duratracs on my 2500HD were awesome until I put a set of Continental Terrain Contact ATs on my 1500 6.2L.  Then I realized just how bad the Duratracs are on wet pavement.  Great for loose surfaces, not so great for wet ones.  In fact, we just had a 12" snowfall (heavy wet stuff).  The Continentals did just as well as the Duratracs.

duratracs are great tires up to 50 percent tread life, then they become lethal weapons, no wet traction and any ice and they will scare the sh&t out of you. i was disapointed that there was lots of tread left but no traction so i switched to ko2's . yes they are fuel eaters but at less than 50 percent tread they still perform as good as they did new  with the crazy canadian winters we have 6 inches of snow one day and then a warm spell and melting i had to use 4 wheel drive a lot with the goodyears virtually never with the ko2's

• Like 1

I've got over 28k miles on my 2017 midnight with original Duratracs.. I have ZERO complaints.. I really don't think they're that noisy at all..No noisier than any other aggressive similar tires that I've owned.

They have been great in MA winters (which are tough). They're wearing perfectly. Currently at 28k, I'd say I should easily get 50k out of them.