Gorehamj

Cadillac Launches 2020 XT6 At Detroit Auto Show - Image Gallery and Details

CadillacNAIAS07 xt6 (1).jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
1-15-2019

Cadillac's display at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit underway this week will show off one of its most important new products in a decade, the all-new three-row XT6 crossover. Cadillac has been only luxury automakers in the U.S. market without a full-size luxury crossover, and the new XT6 will help to round out the brand's portfolio. 

CadillacXT6Reveal06.jpg

“The first-ever Cadillac XT6 delivers a compelling blend of spaciousness, safety and convenience features for customers who thrive on doing it all,” said Steve Carlisle, Cadillac president. “It joins the all-new XT4, which has soared to the top spot in its segment, our global best-selling XT5 and the iconic Escalade to accelerate the brand’s global growth, with a spirit that is uniquely Cadillac.” (With noting, is that the XT4 is not outselling the Lexus NX compact crossover.) “Every seat is the best seat in the house,” said Carlisle. “From luxurious appointments, comfort and convenience to premium sound and technology features, every passenger gets an optimized experience.”

CadillacXT6Reveal11.jpg

Highlights of the features of the new XT6 include:

-A comprehensive suite of standard and available driver assistance and safety technologies1, along with generous cargo capacity4.
-The latest Cadillac user experience, with intuitive controls including a rotary controller with new jog functionality.
-Premium Luxury and Sport models offer customers more customized looks with unique exterior and interior distinction.
-A nimble, responsive driving experience, powered by a 3.6L V-6 engine and nine-speed automatic transmission, offering up to four selectable driving modes.

-Supercruise driver assistance.

-Night vision.

-Rear-view camera mirror.

-Rear pedestrian alert.

-Apple Car play and Android Auto (Not available on BMW, Lexus)

2020-Cadillac-XT6-Luxury-021.jpg

“The new Cadillac XT6 models provide two expressions of the signature Cadillac experience, allowing more personalized appearance and driving character,” said John Plonka, chief engineer. “Premium Luxury models provide an elevated level of refinement, while Sport models offer a performance-oriented feel.”

2020-Cadillac-XT6-Luxury-022.jpg

The all-new Cadillac XT6 will be manufactured in Spring Hill, Tennessee, and available for ordering this spring.

2020-Cadillac-XT6-Luxury-016 (1).jpg

Did GM drop the ball again at a world renown auto show just like they did at sema? Or is the show still not over and we can possibly see more GM reveals?

I don’t think NAIAS is what it used to be. Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar, Land Rover all skipped the show this year. I believe manufacturers are all deciding to reveal their new models on their own and avoid having to compete for attention. Just my observation but I don’t think GM dropped the ball... Yet😜

Cool. So, a fancy Traverse? And, when the Enclave isn't luxurious enough.

Looks nice I guess.

• Like 2

To me the back end looks like a rip off of the Ford Exploder.  Strange, I did not think GM would ever sink down to the pitty levels like the pathetic Hyundai/Kia does when they mimic designs of other manufacturers. 

cc_2014frd007b_640_ug.jpg

Uninspiring design, downright boring if you ask me. It's a shame how badly gm has mishandled Cadillac imo.

I thought it was a KIA. :smash:

Sales number from all brands make it pretty clear that cars and minivans are no longer selling. 

Not everyone wants or can afford a fullsize suv or full dressed crewcab.

If they want sales, they need multiple size cross-over suvs.

I don't like 'em either, but they are what the market is currently buying.

• Like 1

I miss the previous generation XRS styling.  That was eye catching.  the XTx line is quite boring, and dumbed down inside too.  Sad.

2 hours ago, Nargg said:

I miss the previous generation XRS styling.  That was eye catching.  the XTx line is quite boring, and dumbed down inside too.  Sad.

Probably related to why Johan de Nysschen's time at head of Cadillac was so short.

With tooling lead times as they are, this one would also have been developed while he was at the helm.

I was excited about this when I first heard about Cadillac coming out with a 3 row finally that is smaller than the Escalade, as for my DD, I prefer something with better gas mileage but still needing room for at least 6.  But what is not mentioned above, is that size wise its the same as the new Acadia and smaller than the new Enclave/Traverse.  We have both a new style Acadia and Enclave and it will be hard for me to justify switching either out for the XT6 given the price jump but then decrease of space (compared to Enclave) or just price jump (compared to Acadia).  I was hoping that it would be the size of the Enclave/Traverse with more upgrades, which would help justify making a switch from Enclave to XT6... 

Edited by peterlawl84

Audi and BMW get my vote now. 

On 1/15/2019 at 2:24 PM, PhantomSierra16 said:

Did GM drop the ball again at a world renown auto show just like they did at sema? Or is the show still not over and we can possibly see more GM reveals?

Cadilac had the only reveal, Sunday before the show. See the show report and an "other than GM" report coming on Monday.