Dash Speaker

I can not find anything that tells what size the dash speaker is.. According to Crutchfield it's a 2.75, My question is will a 3.5 fit?

Also It says The Front doors will take a 6x9 is that with an Adapter?  

It was really easy with a Dremel. Bit then i made a frame for the Focal because there was about 90% of the factory mount that was moved.  You cant just trim around to make them fit.
Awesome. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

How do you like the tweeter placement? I put mine (Focal too) in the door sails with the same Mounts pointing at me. I think they are too close to my ear and therfore maybe too bright. Was considering a flat mount in the same location to see if that helps, or up on dash like yours.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My tweets are facing more towards the side of the truck. I also have the jl 800/8 vxi amp so each of the 8 are individually tuned to frequency, gain, time allignment. I didnt want to to put the midrange in the door next to woofer because I wanted to hear more mids higher up front facing me. So the doors have the woofers, and the dash has the mid and tweets. Pretty much how it was with the factory Bose i ripped out. But the Bose top dash speaker is almost a full range crossed over at 400.

Edited by RACERX7775
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RACERX7775 said:

My tweets are facing more towards the side of the truck. I also have the jl 800/8 vxi amp so each of the 8 are individually tuned to frequency, gain, time allignment. I didnt want to to put the midrange in the door next to woofer because I wanted to hear more mids higher up front facing me. So the doors have the woofers, and the dash has the mid and tweets. Pretty much how it was with the factory Bose i ripped out. But the top dash is almost a full range crossed over at 400.

Does your setup still have factory headunit? If so, do you notice if the dash speakers still produce significant volume even when the headunit is faded all the way to the rear? I am trying to sort out if I got something hooked up reversed, or if that's just the head unit’s steering for environmental sounds reasons. I have a Nav-TV and JL HD amps. Doors and sub on one amp (4+1), dash on the other (2). I kind of wished I had looked into the Vxi amp series, for the extra control. 

20180711_095449.jpg

20180721_194326.thumb.jpg.3e2a134430496d70622c13946cddd64c.jpgYeah, i have the nav-tv piece too. $850ish.... I do have the factory head unit. There should be zero sound when you fade any position.  But I have the 800/8 and the 600/1 vxi amps with the jl hub. I ran a single optical wire from the nav-tv unit to the vxi hub. Then optical from the hub to each amp. So that way, there is no RCA cables in the truck. Then from the amps to the speaker wires at the bose amp harness. I ran extra wires up to the dash for the tweets. I also have the jl bass control knob. It has 3 controls that you can make it do.  At full left, it has fade to the front. At full right, it has fade to the rear. Then the knob is for bass control. Then the front button i tap to run to different system crossover configurations.  So its all tuned via my laptop. There are NO knobs or settings on the amps themselves. So i have every input setup to exactly what i want.

Edited by RACERX7775
Add more content.
  • Like 1