Husky wheel liners, vs OEM

Hello everyone.  I am looking to get a set of wheel liners for the rear tires, on my 18 Silverado Custom Crew Cab.  Does anyone have experience with the Husky version, vs the OEM option?

Ease of installation, vs price is also helpful, along with pictures, if possible.

thanks to all.

Nothing wrong with husky.  I think they have better coverage than the stock ones do. Lifetime warranty too.

I prefer the stock ones, I know others will disagree with me but, I like the weird fabric on top of plastic setup.  

• Like 1

I like the idea of the rear liners matching the front ones. The fabric whatever material seems a little more premium and from what I've read, they used that for noise reduction reasons. Others I've talked to say it cleans up easy enough (just spray it) and withstands the elements as well as any other liner.

I plan to add a set of OEM rear liners myself. Got to get the mounting hardware to add them though. 2 part numbers but like 10 per part number per side lol.

13 minutes ago, the33z33 said:

I like the idea of the rear liners matching the front ones. The fabric whatever material seems a little more premium and from what I've read, they used that for noise reduction reasons. Others I've talked to say it cleans up easy enough (just spray it) and withstands the elements as well as any other liner.

I plan to add a set of OEM rear liners myself. Got to get the mounting hardware to add them though. 2 part numbers but like 10 per part number per side lol.

i'm going to have to contact the dealer tomorrow, to verify a part # for the crew cab.  looks to be a few different part #'s online.  also, i am seeing between 11 and 13 fasteners needed for each side, and that they do not come with the liners.

There's a youtube video that I watched about it. I'm sure you can easily find it but it some old guy with a white crew cab adding the liners and he goes over the part numbers and process.

I would do as he mentions and pick up the mounting hardware on ebay. Should save you quite a bit considering what the dealer wants per fastener. I ordered mine from there and it cost me around $20 per set of 20. So like $40 total... though I guess from what you're saying, I'll need to order a few more.

Edited by the33z33

I would prefer some sort of matte plastic over the factory GMC liners to be honest. They seem to really grab salt, mud, sand, etc. and although they powerwash it's not a fast process. Takes multiple passes and have to get all sorts of odd angled. I feel like non fabric would be so much easier.

I have the Husky liners in my 17 Silverado double cab and love them. The fit is good in the areas that it needs to be. But my favorite part is cleaning them. Compared to Weathertech and the OEM GM mats, Husky has more of a shiny gloss finish instead of the mat. I use vinyl and rubber cleaner on them and wipe them dry. Come out looking brand new every time.

I ordered the husky liners.   Mainly because I like that they come down closer to the ground and cover up more of the frame.  Super easy to clean.

Installed them with the wheels on and the truck on the ground.  neither of those will really make inserting them that much easier.  ALhtough I would recommend tape the painted edges around the wheel well untill you get the knack of how you fold them in.  I put a small scratch the first time I had to maneuver them in.

They mount with only 4 bolts which is nice.

without

3nWrVt1.jpg

Intsalled

1Dm9Cgr.jpg

H4NRPZJ.jpg

• 2 months later...

All of my work is in caliche dirt, which is very sticky when wet - takes about $2.50 per wheel at the local pressure washer place. The wheels on my 2013 2500 with the plastic inserts cleans off really quick. 

Am considering putting spray on plastic coat on the felt liners, has anybody tried that?

The “cloth” covered OEM liners are  quiet compared to the husky version. I rode in a truck without liners recently and was surprised at how much road noise is cut out by my liners. 

They em are a PITA to get the Rocky Mountain clay out of, especially with the additives to keep the dust down on our gravel roads. But, I’ve got them, so I adapted. I don’t think I would want another truck without them.

WT axis- if you shoot yours, please keep us posted.

Edited by Darksky