New Owner | Android Auto w/Pixel 3 XL Not Working

Hey, everyone!  New to the forums here -- my name is Chris and I just picked up my 1st Suburban yesterday; a CPO 2016 LT w/Luxury package, Sun & Entertainment, wheel upgrade, etc.  Loving the truck so far, just one minor issue.  I am unable to get the car to recognize my Pixel 3 XL and launch Android Auto.  Before anyone asks, yes -- I have the AA app installed.  I've done my due diligence before posting, scouring the web for hours now, to no avail.  The USB works in charging my phone, but the car just won't launch AA.  I was able to connect my wife's iPhone and CarPlay launched immediately.  I tried a couple different cables and even tried all the "developer options" tweaks that I read about online.  I ordered a couple of different USB-A to USB-C cables built to 3.0 spec just to be sure cables aren't the issue, but other than that not sure what I can do other than waste 1/2 at the dealer to see if they can figure it out.  I really don't want to have to do that.  Help, GM-TRUCKS.com, you're my only hope!

So for those keeping score at home, I was able to confirm that my issue is the software is not up-to-date.  Kinda wish I hadn't just dropped $35 on various cables to try, but I digress...  In any event, I have an appointment for this coming Monday morning and should have AA up and running shortly thereafter!

Edited by thepiombino

I was in the same boat.  Just bought a 2016 Sub and had to take it back to the dealer to get the software update.  It can take a few hours so be prepared.  I was also under the impression that AA works via bluetooth but this is not the case.  It's still kind of nice to use phone apps on the radio.  I much prefer Google Maps or Waze to the OEM Nav system.