wireless charging upgrade

On 2/15/2019 at 2:23 PM, Robwcormack said:

Anyone know of any way to add wireless charging to the '19 RST or LT?  curious if maybe the module from the 16-18 would go under the cutout in the lid since there's no little shelf or whatever that is built into the center part where the wireless charging is on the ltz.

20190222_115159.jpg

• Thanks 1

Anyone know of any way to add wireless charging to the '19 RST or LT?  curious if maybe the module from the 16-18 would go under the cutout in the lid since there's no little shelf or whatever that is built into the center part where the wireless charging is on the ltz.

20190222_115432_HDR.jpg

• Thanks 1

20190222_115541.jpg

• Thanks 1

20190222_115652.jpg

• Thanks 1

20190222_115730.jpg

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ben Berkenpas said:

20190222_115652.jpg

How do you get the inside part of the lid apart?  Is there clips or screws I'm not seeing?  BTW. You may be my hero of the day!  That's freakin awesome and exactly what I was looking for.  I think this should be a sticky.  I think the secret is the 3 coil charger to make it work well

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Robwcormack said:

How do you get the inside part of the lid apart?  Is there clips or screws I'm not seeing?  BTW. You may be my hero of the day!  That's freakin awesome and exactly what I was looking for.  I think this should be a sticky.  I think the secret is the 3 coil charger to make it work well

That inside cover is really just compression fit.  I took a small putty knife, got one corner started and it all just pops out.  there's little pegs that go into rubber grommets so when you're ready to put it back on you just push it all back in and it's good. You do have to make sure that you're pushing the button on the council that you normally would push to open the council while you're poppin it off as those two little ears that go in and out will hinder that cover from coming off

Edited by Ben Berkenpas
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, GMC-AT said:

do you guys have a link to a charger that easily comes apart? that I can use for this.. 

The one I used is like 3 years old. This one looks very similar. (but no guarantees). Because you won't be able to see any part of it I would think any 3 could charger would work. You'll just have to take it apart (mine had 12 tiny Philips screwdriver holding it all together then I cut some if the plastic off with a Dremel)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F252760579426

On 2/22/2019 at 2:11 PM, GMC-AT said:

do you guys have a link to a charger that easily comes apart? that I can use for this.. 

Check this out.  Taidacent 1 pcs lot Wireless Charging Technology Three Coils qi Standard DIY Modified led Low Heat Wireless Charger Transmitter Module https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07176HT5T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_mjCCCb8EEG3YV

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/19/2019 at 5:34 AM, parthery said:

There is an upgrade available for 16 and 17 trucks.  The upgrade also fixes the iPhone no charge problem as well.

GM part number 84526978.  Includes the charging module and an adapter for the harness.  Runs $60-70 if you shop around.  Takes less than 15 minutes to swap out the module.

which iphone is this compatible with