Video in Dash?

I can't think of a time I'd actually want this.

I can do it in my car, as I have Miracast in there for Waze on the factory Nav, yet have never had a reason to put a video up there.  I'm not watching a video driving; my passengers can use their phones/tablets to do so.  Anything I need on the screen is via Android Auto.

• Like 1

Having a movie playing on the dash while driving will result in distracted driving.  I don't believe many can play a movie c/w soundtrack on a screen next to them and give complete, undivided attention to their driving.  I often try answering my emails while my wife is watching "her shows" in the same room.  Or, the same often happens early in the morning with the grandkids.  There is or will be a sound cue that will draw your attention to the screen, no matter how bad the show!   It could prove convenient while parked or on a ferry but as said earlier most carry a phone and usually travel with a tablet or laptop.  This modification can be done but I believe there are much more useful upgrades worth consideration. (360 degree camera system has my attention!)

• 2 weeks later...

Another feature my phone provides at no additional cost, through direct tv. I sometimes have the Astros game going driving across country. Not watching but listening the wife is watching. Same with Netflix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did mine for my kids. It was way cheaper than rear seat monitors. And, i also have the 360* camera system. I can also hook my camera to the hdmi cable so i can mirror whatever is on my phone. It also charges my phone at the same time too.

That’s an accident waiting to happen along with considerable legal implications. What do you do when you’re traveling and need to use your home screen etc?

You can buy the in headrests setup with nicer viewing, bluetooth or wired setup so you don’t have to listen and be distracted as well and much happier kids in the back not having to squint or use binoculars in order to view.

In addition, iPads can be uploaded with movies and cellphones with LTE can easily watch live shows through your television services

Sent from above