Just bought '14 Silverado LT Crew Cab 6.5' Bed a month ago - 45,XXX miles, no accidents reported. (Side note, A/C already went out). Love the truck, but when looking at it from the rear it looks like the tailgate is angled down to the right, like the right rear of the bed sags. The toolbox at the front of the bed is perfectly level, but looking from the rear the tool box line and tailgate line do not match up. Am I being nit-picky or is this something that can be fixed? Any idea why it would be sagging in the rear of the bed, but not in the front? Didn't notice it until about 2 weeks after I bought it, and I see it every time I walk behind my truck now.

IMG-8202.JPG

IMG-8203.JPG

IMG-8204.JPG

Awesome, thanks for the info! I had read about the Chevy lean but all of those seem to be to the left. 

I guess I was thrown by why the bed would be level at the front and not in the back. Almost like it’s not square

• 4 weeks later...

I have a similar issue with my '17 Sierra.  The bed (front and back) do not sit level on the frame.  If I sight down the side from behind, the body line along the bottom 3rd doesn't match.  Right side aligns, left side the bed is about 1/2" high.  Dealer said they would fix under warranty, but I imagine that would involve cutting and re-welding bed mounts on the frame.  Seems like I would just be asking for rust if I let them do that.

15 minutes ago, iwannaseeatnight said:

I have a similar issue with my '17 Sierra.  The bed (front and back) do not sit level on the frame.  If I sight down the side from behind, the body line along the bottom 3rd doesn't match.  Right side aligns, left side the bed is about 1/2" high.  Dealer said they would fix under warranty, but I imagine that would involve cutting and re-welding bed mounts on the frame.  Seems like I would just be asking for rust if I let them do that.

I think they just move the bed around on the mounts till it fits/looks right. There are no modifications like cutting or welding on new parts. A lot of times it is actually the cab being off giving the bed the appearance of being off square.

On 4/2/2019 at 11:29 AM, JimCost2014 said:

I think they just move the bed around on the mounts till it fits/looks right. There are no modifications like cutting or welding on new parts. A lot of times it is actually the cab being off giving the bed the appearance of being off square.

The bed is high on one side, level on the other, so they can't shim it since it needs to go down.  And I've double checked with a level vs the ground, it's the bed that is out not the cab.  I'm trying to learn to live with it and not look at the back of my truck anymore.

8 minutes ago, iwannaseeatnight said:

The bed is high on one side, level on the other, so they can't shim it since it needs to go down.  And I've double checked with a level vs the ground, it's the bed that is out not the cab.  I'm trying to learn to live with it and not look at the back of my truck anymore.

Sounds like you have no choice, did the dealer have any ideas at all? Lot of money spent to just have to "settle" and live with it.