autostop eliminator

12 hours ago, FDHog said:

Manufacturer should've made it a toggle switch.

Well that's the trick isn't it? Was a momentary switch instead of a toggle placed there on purpose and if so why, to meet technicalities of CAFE requirements or simply because GM wanted to break customers' ba!!s....?

S/s is so intrusive onto the guts of the vehicle, it may have been done on purpose to trigger a diagnostic or flexing phase of system components normally flexed on startup to prevent damage from long term disuse. It's not just the hd starter and split solenoid, not just the pressure maintenance systems in the tranny, but other crazy kludges to keep the vehicle in operation/readiness during a stop cycle like the aux. electrical vacuum pump for brake booster, aux electric circulator pump for the coolant, high energy electrical capacitors, DC-DC inverter for maintaining constant voltage to accessories, servos for maintaining oil pressure on the lifters, etc., etc. when engine is in a stop cycle.

Absent a written assurance from any gizmo maker that they will make good for paying the cost for repair of any damage attributed by a GM dealer to the gizmo as grounds for invalidating the warranty (whether or not a valid claim). I'll pass on this and give the s/s button the finger when I feel like it.

Well that's the trick isn't it? Was a momentary switch instead of a toggle placed there on purpose and if so why, to meet technicalities of CAFE requirements or simply because GM wanted to break customers' ba!!s....?

S/s is so intrusive onto the guts of the vehicle, it may have been done on purpose to trigger a diagnostic or flexing phase of system components normally flexed on startup to prevent damage from long term disuse. It's not just the hd starter and split solenoid, not just the pressure maintenance systems in the tranny, but other crazy kludges to keep the vehicle in operation/readiness during a stop cycle like the aux. electrical vacuum pump for brake booster, aux electric circulator pump for the coolant, high energy electrical capacitors, DC-DC inverter for maintaining constant voltage to accessories, servos for maintaining oil pressure on the lifters, etc., etc. when engine is in a stop cycle.

Absent a written assurance from any gizmo maker that they will make good for paying the cost for repair of any damage attributed by a GM dealer to the gizmo as grounds for invalidating the warranty (whether or not a valid claim). I'll pass on this and give the s/s button the finger when I feel like it.

I haven’t done much research in to stop-start admittedly. I wouldn’t buy it. You apparently have. So I’ve read that simply putting your vehicle on max ac defeats the process. Wouldn’t that be the same as a switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I haven’t done much research in to stop-start admittedly. I wouldn’t buy it. You apparently have. So I’ve read that simply putting your vehicle on max ac defeats the process. Wouldn’t that be the same as a switch?

Not everyone lives in Texas. I'm not running my A/C in January in the Northeast.

You guys do what you want. It's just a switch. 

Not everyone lives in Texas. I'm not running my A/C in January in the Northeast.
You guys do what you want. It's just a switch. 

That was the question [emoji106]

On 7/29/2019 at 8:48 AM, KARNUT said:

Maybe with a manual HVAC, but the automatic A/C will no longer defeat s/s once interior reaches set temp reaches temperature.

Without a switch only positive way that works all the time is to put it in L and use the toggle to go to the max gear. I place in L9 on the Traverse or L8 on the Silvy and it is in full automatic operation without s/s activating. Or if you have a sore finger, wait until vehicle in Drive shifts to top gear and drop from D to L on the fly and you're automatically in L6 or L8 depending upon the tranny.

Maybe with a manual HVAC, but the automatic A/C will no longer defeat s/s once interior reaches set temp reaches temperature.

Without a switch only positive way that works all the time is to put it in L and use the toggle to go to the max gear. I place in L9 on the Traverse or L8 on the Silvy and it is in full automatic operation without s/s activating. Or if you have a sore finger, wait until vehicle in Drive shifts to top gear and drop from D to L on the fly and you're automatically in L6 or L8 depending upon the tranny.

That’s even better. Before a tune on my 14, that’s what I did to keep the cylinder deactivation off.

2 hours ago, Thomcat said:

Stupid question but you don't have to use automatic HVAC, do you? I absolutely hate that "feature" in my car. 

Edited by Cpl_Punishment

On 7/31/2019 at 10:34 AM, Cpl_Punishment said:

Stupid question but you don't have to use automatic HVAC, do you? I absolutely hate that "feature" in my car. 

Didn't buy a blown out RST so I could play with a manual HVAC, mine works just fine - besides keeps the wife off my a$$ - she can keep her vents blowing warmer while I go Eskimo.

1 hour ago, Thomcat said:

Didn't buy a blown out RST so I could play with a manual HVAC, mine works just fine - besides keeps the wife off my a$$ - she can keep her vents blowing warmer while I go Eskimo.

Maybe it's a problem with my car but no matter which vents I have blowing, it will switch to the floor vents when I accidentally hit the auto button. I want my face cold, not my feet. 

I assume you can still have two zones going even with manual air conditioning. 

3 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Maybe it's a problem with my car but no matter which vents I have blowing, it will switch to the floor vents when I accidentally hit the auto button. I want my face cold, not my feet. 

I assume you can still have two zones going even with manual air conditioning. 

Just doesn't sound normal. On AUTO when calling for A/C with the cabin temp higher 80% of flow comes from the upper vents with 20% on the floor; when on Heat and cabin temperature lower 70% floor, 20% upper vents and 10% defroster vents; when set A/C or Heat is at cabin temperature the fan slows to a crawl at from all vents. One or more vents will work in Manual depending upon which button(s) are pushed. Three zone Traverse and Two zone Malibu automatic HVACs work the same way.

You may still have two zones on Manual but they are both pushing air at the same velocity, AUTO bleeds air from multiple doors depending upon zone.. When set temps differ and passenger temp, e.g.70 deg cabin is satisfied, passenger air flow settles to a crawl while drivers set to 60 deg continues to blow at full force out of driver's vents.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 11:44 AM, Jessica Lambert said:

Thanks! Here is a link that contains printable instructions AND an installation video. https://www.autostopeliminator.com/installation-19-gm-silverado-sierra.html  It took under 13 minutes when we did it for the video. We show every step.

Various customers have told us it took them anywhere between 15 minutes to an hour when doing it themselves. On average, we hear 25-30 minutes from most people watching the video as they install the product. Some customers have left relevant information in their product reviews here: https://www.autostopeliminator.com/store/p12/silverado-sierra-ae004.html

Please check it out and let us know if you have any questions. You can also email us at [email protected] or contact us through our contact page on the website.

Jessica, your instructions that are posted dont account for those with the Bose system which has the subwoofer in the center console. Do you have instructions for those yet?

4 hours ago, rosepaule said:

Jessica, your instructions that are posted dont account for those with the Bose system which has the subwoofer in the center console. Do you have instructions for those yet?

I have the Bose. The instructions worked just fine. 

I love my ASE. 

6 minutes ago, Limelight said:

I have the Bose. The instructions worked just fine. 

I love my ASE. 

Yup.  I got it with the help of Travis Lambert. I had to go hulk smash on the center console, that thing that really clipped in there