autostop eliminator

First I've heard of it.  I know that people have been plugging into the 4 & 7 pin trailer connectors.  I've even read about someone pulling up the "OFF" switch and jumping a couple wires/pins. 

28 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

What does it cost? If it was more than $50, I would just get used to pushing the auto stop disable button. It takes like two seconds.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It’s a hundred, and two seconds is an overstatement. 

I could understand the product more if GM didn’t give you the button, but they do and it’s literally right next to the ignition switch. Anyway, link is below for anyone who isn’t me I guess. :rolleyes:

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/productsforgm.html

Paid $60 on preorder. For me...just because there is a button close has nothing to do with it. For standard, everyday configuration I don't want to push the button to disable autostop, change seat position, side mirrors, radio power and station, headlights, door locks, temperature, fan speed, 2 or 4 wheel drive.  All of those functions have buttons just as close but they don't change their state when I shut the vehicle off. Easily worth the $60 to me but apparently not to others. Started my truck 6 times today and never gave it a thought. If I own this truck as long as my last Denali (2008) I will have saved myself well over 22,000 pushes of that button and probably a starter or two.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

There has been a recall on the autostop eliminator for the silverado/Sierra that were shipped before 5/13/19. The owner will shipping out replacement devices over the next couple weeks. He stated that there was a constant power draw that could drain your battery if the vehicle isn't started within a week

Has anyone come up with something else that is solid?

This should have been tested much better BEFORE ANY OF THEM WERE SOLD TO THE PUBLIC!

Now everyone that bought one has to reinstall  hoping they got it right this time, can’t trust this now.

3 hours ago, BBrutus said:

This should have been tested much better BEFORE ANY OF THEM WERE SOLD TO THE PUBLIC!

Now everyone that bought one has to reinstall  hoping they got it right this time, can’t trust this now.

This is a solid product. 

They weee extremely apologetic about the mistake. I’ve already received my replacement and sent the old one back prepaid. 

Im still happy with it. 

46 minutes ago, Limelight said:

This is a solid product. 

They weee extremely apologetic about the mistake. I’ve already received my replacement and sent the old one back prepaid. 

Im still happy with it. 

Mine went straight into the garbage after all of this, no need to take it all apart if it has issues again replacing a second one. One and done.

Hopefully they have it right this time and what did they change? We really should have a thorough explanation of what happened and how they fixed it to insure this doesn’t create problems here on out. I mean we pay for a item, it doesn’t work and we are just supposed to think and trust this product. 

A nice wiring  diagram proving it is no longer a potential problem in the future...the fix...?

Edited by BBrutus

27 minutes ago, BBrutus said:

Mine went straight into the garbage after all of this, no need to take it all apart if it has issues again replacing a second one. One and done.

Hopefully they have it right this time and what did they change? We really should have a thorough explanation of what happened and how they fixed it to insure this doesn’t create problems here on out. I mean we pay for a item, it doesn’t work and we are just supposed to think and trust this product. 

A nice wiring  diagram proving it is no longer a potential problem in the future...the fix...?

You are really blowing this out of proportion.  I am sure they will refund you if you are really that upset about it.  I never had any issues with mine.  I already replaced mine and sent the "bad" unit back.  It was all free.  Chill out.  

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, BBrutus said:

13 minutes ago, JacobC1983 said:

You are really blowing this out of proportion.  I am sure they will refund you if you are really that upset about it.  I never had any issues with mine.  I already replaced mine and sent the "bad" unit back.  It was all free.  Chill out.  

I understand frustration.

I don't understand throwing money away.

Some patience brutus.

Expecting perfect from anything makes no sense IMO.

:)