factory subwoofer

On 8/18/2019 at 6:19 AM, Thomcat said:

Anyone running two or more subs in the same room clearly has some problems with size or placement. Subs are non directional for any seating position in a room and when properly sized, and properly placed, one is sufficient. Only reason I could conceive for a dual sub output on a receiver would be one with A-B speaker capability where the receiver/amp is feeding separate speaker setups in two rooms each with its own sub..

sorry that's just not true.....

even properly placed, a single woofer, which creates standing waves with peaks will often create sweet spots in the room, decreasing optimal sound and less listening areas...  with 2 you can make these waves overlap created smoother freq response across the room.

2 subs create a greater dynamic range, reduced output compression, lower distortion...

for dedicated 2 channel setups they preserve bass cues and prevent the soundstage from collapsing

2 subs are nearly impossible to localize, created an immersive bass that emanates from everywhere in the room...

The benefits of multi-subwoofer systems are well documented and proven.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2019 at 1:32 AM, pupabruh said:

Can someone please let me know the difference?

also how I’ll this sound in a non bose set up?

On 8/20/2019 at 9:15 AM, ADC said:

Has anyone installed this on a non bose system?  The non bose factory speakers really distort with the bass level above 7 so I am curious how the sub would sound with these doors speakers?

Whats the difference between the two part numbers 19417164 and 19417165?  

They now offer full upgrades for non-bose trucks..

Multi-channel amp for your speakers.. as well as the 2019 Kicker sub/200 rms amp.

19417164 is the standard kicker sub/amp

19417165 is the multi-channel amp, and above kit more or less...

https://accessories.gmc.com/search/2020/GMC/Sierra 1500#/12319/Audio?sortId=top

Edited by PabloK

14 minutes ago, pupabruh said:

It’s $1200? How are they compared to other non dealer conpanies?

in the world of car audio, $1200 is nothing..

your getting a 32bit dsp multi-channel amp for your speakers

another 200 watt class d amp linked to a 10 inch woofer (that absolutely is a steal for the price) 

comes with all the wiring, you can install it yourself, and it's engineered specifically for the truck..

$1200 is MSRP, you can find any GMC accessory for 20% off online.

trust me, that's a good deal.  walk into any audio store and such setup would run 3-4K and sound average at best.

Some of the best sound systems in the world of SQ Comps have a single 8” of 10” subwoofer with a basic 2-way or 3-way setup. It’s about the install/location and the ability to tune. 

Edited by sswails

Long time follower,  just installed the full Kicker setup today.  19417166 is what my 19 called for.  There are two part numbers depending on what radio you have.  Had the full setup in my 16 and through it was easy to install, sounded awesome and could not wait since I got my 19 in Feb to get this.  This set up is not fully plug and play and way harder to install than the older body style. Had to splice into the green/black wire at the ACM. In my option this splice should have a jumper harness for it for the price point.   The harness looks like it is a multi fit harness. so it might have just been the way it is for my factory setup to get it to work.  This system came with 2 amps and/or processors.  One mounts to the rear  cab wall,  the other is on the sub box.  Took nearly 6 hours to install mostly figuring out trim pieces and figure out how the rear seat came off to mount the amp and what worked and didn’t work.  If I had to do it again it would probably take 2 or much less if things went smooth.   Good news is the dsp and amps are tunable through the Kicker FlexTune app.  Has a 5 band EQ, bass control, center position control and bandwidth setting.  Only have had about 15 minutes behind the wheel with it and haven’t figured out the app all the way out to tune out the way too low crossover point. I first thought something was wrong until the really low note hit it was that low.   It does take the bass out of the door and puts it in the seat of your pants so now you feel it,  not just your leg next to the door and cleans the music up dramatically.   

027D1F50-6519-484D-A218-869BF38DBC82.png

3E4BCC77-CD2B-48E0-8B32-4D17FB438AC1.jpeg

Edited by Sharp1
Corrected from 3 amps to 2 amps, one is the sub wiring connector
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sharp1 said:

Long time follower,  just installed the full Kicker setup today.  19417166 is what my 19 called for.  There are two part numbers depending on what radio you have.  Had the full setup in my 16 and through it was easy to install, sounded awesome and could not wait since I got my 19 in Feb to get this.  This set up is not fully plug and play and way harder to install than the older body style. Had to splice into the green/black wire at the ACM. In my option this splice should have a jumper harness for it for the price point.   The harness looks like it is a multi fit harness. so it might have just been the way it is for my factory setup to get it to work.  This system came with 3 amps and/or processors.  One mounts to the rear  cab wall,  the other two are on the sub box.  Took nearly 6 hours to install mostly figuring out trim pieces and figure out how the rear seat came off to mount the amp and what worked and didn’t work.  If I had to do it again it would probably take 2 or much less if things went smooth.   Good news is the dsp and amps are tunable through the Kicker FlexTune app.  Has a 5 band EQ, bass control, center position control and bandwidth setting.  Only have had about 15 minutes behind the wheel with it and haven’t figured out the app all the way out to tune out the way too low crossover point. I first thought something was wrong until the really low note hit it was that low.   It does take the bass out of the door and puts it in the seat of your pants so now you feel it,  not just your leg next to the door and cleans the music up dramatically.   

Nice! Where are you located?

21 hours ago, PabloK said:

in the world of car audio, $1200 is nothing..

your getting a 32bit dsp multi-channel amp for your speakers

another 200 watt class d amp linked to a 10 inch woofer (that absolutely is a steal for the price) 

comes with all the wiring, you can install it yourself, and it's engineered specifically for the truck..

$1200 is MSRP, you can find any GMC accessory for 20% off online.

trust me, that's a good deal.  walk into any audio store and such setup would run 3-4K and sound average at best.

Ok that was the answer I was looking for honestly. That should suffice. So do I upgrade speakers as well or leave them as isv

15 hours ago, pupabruh said:

Ok that was the answer I was looking for honestly. That should suffice. So do I upgrade speakers as well or leave them as isv

I would leave the speakers. 

upgrading the amp is the best first step... see how it sounds after install 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thewatson said:

Installed with all switches up not quite what I wanted anyone found an adapter to add a amp to the factory radio?

As in adding a sub amp to add a different sub or a amp for the door/dash speakers? 

If your looking for a way to add a sub amp it would work pretty much the exact way the GM system does. Power, ground, and tap the same wires for a signal. Alot of guys run the signal through an Audio Control Lc2i before the amp. I am on the fence between the GM kicker system and just adding a component sub using an Audio Control ACM 1.300 amp which is a 300x1 amp with the Lc2i built in. 

If your looking for a way to amp the highs it's going to get alot more complicated if you start off with the Bose system. At that point I would suggest some sort of signal summing to the amps input then you could probably go from the amp to the wires you disconnect from the bose amp to save the trouble of running wires all over through the truck. 

On 8/30/2019 at 11:29 PM, Sharp1 said:

Long time follower,  just installed the full Kicker setup today.  19417166 is what my 19 called for.  There are two part numbers depending on what radio you have.  Had the full setup in my 16 and through it was easy to install, sounded awesome and could not wait since I got my 19 in Feb to get this.  This set up is not fully plug and play and way harder to install than the older body style. Had to splice into the green/black wire at the ACM. In my option this splice should have a jumper harness for it for the price point.   The harness looks like it is a multi fit harness. so it might have just been the way it is for my factory setup to get it to work.  This system came with 2 amps and/or processors.  One mounts to the rear  cab wall,  the other is on the sub box.  Took nearly 6 hours to install mostly figuring out trim pieces and figure out how the rear seat came off to mount the amp and what worked and didn’t work.  If I had to do it again it would probably take 2 or much less if things went smooth.   Good news is the dsp and amps are tunable through the Kicker FlexTune app.  Has a 5 band EQ, bass control, center position control and bandwidth setting.  Only have had about 15 minutes behind the wheel with it and haven’t figured out the app all the way out to tune out the way too low crossover point. I first thought something was wrong until the really low note hit it was that low.   It does take the bass out of the door and puts it in the seat of your pants so now you feel it,  not just your leg next to the door and cleans the music up dramatically.   

where did you end up getting the setup from?