factory subwoofer

23 hours ago, Mountain boy said:

The old Bose systems were and are very unique, they are a direct reflecting system meant to use the acoustics of the room and placement is critical, just like the Klipsch Cornerhorns I once had they absolutely had to go in a corner. The new Factory Kicker sub unlike its predecessors is in an acoustical enclosure that is down facing much like many home sub woofers. It is in the center of the back seat and very non directional. My dog sleeps on top of it all the time. It will shake the truck if I choose to but I don’t. I use a pink noise generator and a real time analyzer to set it up. I run it flat with a slight bass boost. I majored in acoustical engineering in college and worked in a stereo store back when your Bose were popular, I demoed them a lot in our high end room hooked to a Phase Linear 400 I remember them well. I run a 6.1 all Klipsch system at home now, the Cornerhorns are long gone someone just offered me too much money for them, I had 4 of  them in a 20X30 basement room with only 1 chair in the middle of the room. For parties the chair was removed and the room became a dance floor complete with mirror ball. At the time I was a working DJ and computer tech.

Couldn't agree more on that POS Bose sub. The sad part is that I actually like rest of the system. Not a big fan of Bose, but this one actually sounds really nice to me and would be perfect if they wouldn't cheap it out with that stupid  buzzer which they call "subwoofer". Anyway since I also have that Kicker sub installed I'd like to clarify what settings you ended-up with. All switches up and EQ is flat except slight bass boost? Is that correct?

I tried that and this is way too much for me. If you manage to balance the whole system out please let us know. I also thought about disconnecting that Bose sub completely, but don't have enough knowledge to balance the system after, so would be interesting to know how you do it.

Edited by hardloaf

Has anyone installed this on a non bose system?  The non bose factory speakers really distort with the bass level above 7 so I am curious how the sub would sound with these doors speakers?

Whats the difference between the two part numbers 19417164 and 19417165?  

Edited by ADC

I had mine installed today by the local Chevy place and I can not even tell it’s been added. I’m at a loss. Where are the switches you guys are talking about that are 1-6? Do I have to remove something to see them. I’m extremely disappointed. I’m an old man so be nice to me and help me please. Thanks. 

On 8/20/2019 at 7:15 AM, ADC said:

Has anyone installed this on a non bose system?  The non bose factory speakers really distort with the bass level above 7 so I am curious how the sub would sound with these doors speakers?

I am curious about this as well I have a non bose system. Not sure what the difference is 

On 8/17/2019 at 9:28 AM, Thomcat said:

If you have the Bose system and a full console you have a subwoofer and don't need another one. I've never seen more than one subwoofer output on any top of the line receiver.

Used the OEM storage compartment from the '16 in my '19. Dedicated tray for the '19 requires a cutout area for the the relocated jack destroying the waterproof integrity of the tray. No problem...removed the jack and bolted into in the old tray, then secured the old tray using the same mounts which similarly fit the seat mounts in the '19........with jack removed fit like a glove using the existing hardware.

DSCN0613.JPG

DSCN0614.JPG

DSCN0615.JPG

You'll have to excuse my ignorance on this, but I have a TB LT with Bose and I don't think I have a sub-woofer.  Where would it be mounted??? 

22 hours ago, 4HND said:

I had mine installed today by the local Chevy place and I can not even tell it’s been added. I’m at a loss. Where are the switches you guys are talking about that are 1-6? Do I have to remove something to see them. I’m extremely disappointed. I’m an old man so be nice to me and help me please. Thanks. 

There's 4 screws holding in the amp.  Disconnect any cables, pull the screws.  On the backside of the amp, there's a rectangular rubber plug.  Pull the plug to reveal the switches.  Prior posts talk about dip-switch settings.  A remote volume control knob really helps too - the part number is linked in previous posts.

1 hour ago, lebag335 said:

You'll have to excuse my ignorance on this, but I have a TB LT with Bose and I don't think I have a sub-woofer.  Where would it be mounted??? 

Hidden in the centre console I believe, same as previous generations.

On 8/20/2019 at 6:48 PM, 4HND said:

That's a bummer. Let us know if the adjustments make a drastic improvement. 

What did the dealer charge you to install? I got a quote for $68 or .5 of an hour which seems super low since I've been reading that it takes atleast an hour or two.

1 hour ago, ADC said:

That's a bummer. Let us know if the adjustments make a drastic improvement. 

What did the dealer charge you to install? I got a quote for $68 or .5 of an hour which seems super low since I've been reading that it takes atleast an hour or two.

That happened to me also, my dealer quoted $75/hr for .5 hours.  It took 2.5 hours + .5 for the remote for a total of 3.  Fortunately for me, the quote was mistakenly given to me "per the job" not hourly.  While they tried to collect, I only relented on the .5 for the remote install since that was a legit add-on and they backed down.   Turns out they based the install on a 2018 model which is a reportedly a true plug-and-play. If you can get a "per job" quote, take it.

Installed the kicker sub add on along with the volume knob tonight in my 2019 Denali. Initially I couldn't even tell it was on until I turned the volume up and could feel the sub moving. I pulled the amp and set all 6 switches up. Mine out of the box were set to 1, 4, 5, 6 up and 2 and 3 down. Others have posted different settings out of the box so I'd check these during any new install. With all 6 up it was finally pushing some sound. Its not a ton better than stock but with some adjustments and some break in time on the sub it may get there. I'm running bass and mids at 2 and treble all the way up to 12. The sub volume control is about half way up. I found this to be a good combo to start. I also use an android phone and newer android OSs have an eq under advanced sound settings where I've done some more fine tuning. Not bad overall but it wont push hard at higher volumes. For comparison I was running a 10inch Alpine Type R with a 600 watt amp in my last Vehicle that also cost quite a bit more. For the money the kicker add on is good enough for now.

On 8/20/2019 at 7:15 AM, ADC said:

Can someone please let me know the difference?

also how I’ll this sound in a non bose set up?

Edited by pupabruh

@BLACK AT4 Any chance you could toss up a few pics of the 17 sub in your 19. I would much rather keep the sub under the single fold up seat as I use the floor with the larger portion folded up a good bit. Even if it means replacing the amp with something like a RF micro to get more adjustability like the 19 system has. Trying to see what it looks like with seat up and down.