factory subwoofer

My wife got me part #19417164 for Christmas and I installed it in my 2022 Silverado TB LT w/Bose. I connected the amp input leads to the factory Bose sub leads, installed a remote bass knob, and adjusted the dip switches to my preference. For the money, appearance, and sound quality I am very happy with the setup. 

Pros:

• Ease of install
  • Custom designed for the Silverado Crew Cab
  • Dual Voice Coil Sub
  • Sub, enclosure, amp, wiring kit all in one kit
  • Plug and Play other than the amp input leads
  • Sounds great, nice strong solid bass but not going to set any SPL records
  • NO stealership required

Cons:

• Amp adjustment dip switches require the amp to be removed every time you want to make a change
  • The remote knob is a definite must have, should have been part of the kit imo
  • Bass can get a little "boomy" at times
  • Not really an issue from this sub, but the mids can be a little low on some songs
  • Would be nice to have a couple of amp upgrade options that are plug and play
Edited by smooth68

On 12/3/2021 at 11:29 PM, Gmoeller said:

The part #19417166 specifically says not compatible with IOS system.  And I have the IOS system. 😞

But thank you for responding.

EA2C1BD0-2D1A-410B-B218-1588239CE414.jpeg

Totally glad I came across this thread. This is what I wanted for my 2021 Sierra. Guess now Ill just get the sub and hope for the best with sound.

• 5 weeks later...

I just acquired the Audio Upgrade, 200\\/400W Dual Sub-Woofer & Amp - GM (19303115-Watt Subwoofer and 200-Watt Amp Kit by stillwater designs. I'm trying to figure out if the wiring harnesses that came with it will work in my 2019 Chevy Silverado 2500hd 6.6l Duramax With the Bose sound system or if I need an additional one. Or Is there a way to do it with the harness I have. Can someone help me? I don't want to tear into it and find out it isn't going to work because I have the incorrect wiring harness or whatnot...thanks

Edited by johnathanryan30
Wasn't complete

Spent Friday afternoon installing the Kicker package in my 21 non-bose TB. I can't tell you enough about how this thread and the Sierra install video helped. Part number I installed was  part #19417165. 

Dip Switches arrived configured all up except 2, 3  I installed it that way, not much from the sub in this configuration, went all up and the sound was where I was expecting it to be though a little too boomy, I put sw 6 down and that made all the difference, I will likely keep it here. I did order the base adjust knob from Best Buy, but cancelled after I connected the flex tune app, if you have the subwoofer and add on system amp you will not need the bass knob.

overall install took about 2 hrs, with breaks. the video and posts here allowed me to ensure I had the proper tools and was ready to go. In the video it was noted the kit did not come with splices, I did have some butt splices that worked well although not the easiest, very limited amount of space and wire to work with on the harness side.

Overall I am pleased with the package and have no regrets with this purchase night and day difference from stock IOR setup, non bose.

let me know if I can help anyone out through the install

• 2 months later...
On 3/15/2019 at 8:41 PM, hardloaf said:

I've just got the new one installed on my AT4. 4" Bose factory sub doesn't do it for me, so I ordered this one and had it installed in a shop. Took guys about 1.5 hour - not super easy.

It looks well made, guys said it's a 10". $600 online with shipping.

This sub comes with an amp mounted on a side. Amp looks bare, but if you unscrew it there are adjustment switches on the bottom and one plug next to harness. Kicker support says I can connect this knob there to adjust level: https://www.kicker.com/CXARC-Remote-Control-for-Kicker-46CX-Series-Amps

Initially I hated the thing - it was so obnoxiously strong that I started to worry that paint will peal off the cab. Adjusting bass in the head unit EQ helps somewhat, but still not enough and affects sound in a bad way. Wrote email to Kicker and they told me how to adjust gain with those switches - this info is not present in the manual, for whatever reason. Switches 1,2,3 control it. No idea what other switches do and I wouldn't touch them. They also said that I can use that knob for fine tuning, so I'll also install it on Sunday and see how it works. Anyway now after changing gain with those switches it's a completely different thing - sounds really good, deep and not annoying, makes huge difference in all kinds of music. Love this thing!

Is the woofer under the rear seat on the drivers side?

I just bought a 2022 silverado 1500 ... can someone tell me where the Richbass woofer is located? My truck came with Bose Sound System, premium 7-speaker system with Richbass woofer.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, slimshaney said:

What is the best way to splice the wires into the factory harness to install the kicker sub?  Sticking my head up under the dash, and the wires look like really small AWG.  What does everybody recommend to use (t-taps, posi-taps, solder, or cut and crimp)?

Thanks

Kit came with T-Taps. They worked great for me. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/14/2022 at 1:06 PM, smooth68 said:

My wife got me part #19417164 for Christmas and I installed it in my 2022 Silverado TB LT w/Bose. I connected the amp input leads to the factory Bose sub leads, installed a remote bass knob, and adjusted the dip switches to my preference. For the money, appearance, and sound quality I am very happy with the setup. 

Pros:

• Ease of install
  • Custom designed for the Silverado Crew Cab
  • Dual Voice Coil Sub
  • Sub, enclosure, amp, wiring kit all in one kit
  • Plug and Play other than the amp input leads
  • Sounds great, nice strong solid bass but not going to set any SPL records
  • NO stealership required

Cons:

• Amp adjustment dip switches require the amp to be removed every time you want to make a change
  • The remote knob is a definite must have, should have been part of the kit imo
  • Bass can get a little "boomy" at times
  • Not really an issue from this sub, but the mids can be a little low on some songs
  • Would be nice to have a couple of amp upgrade options that are plug and play

What happens if you cross t tap the wire leads? What happens if you don't t tap them at all?

I just finished the installation of the factory sub amp package 2019417166 in my 2019 Sierra 1500 with the IOS radio. It sounds pretty good but definitely needs to be EQ'd I loaded the flex tune app on my phone and it will not connect. I contacted Kicker but at this time they don't know why it will not connect. Just wondering if anyone here has been able to make it work? The rep said to try it without the Bluetooth on the phone connected to the system. That does not seem right to me. I tried it both ways but no luck. Anybody care to try to help. I was wondering if the app needs to be loaded on the radio>