factory subwoofer

• 3 weeks later...

So it looks to be the new 2019 kicker model can use the flex tune app for adjusting etc. Can anyone attest to this model number working with the flex tune? (I’d rather save the time and money by not using the knob)

1588D712-160F-4453-9F6E-71AB1765C205.jpeg

Edited by Desl_dad
Add pic

17 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Flextune only works with the full DSP system, not the basic add on subwoofer.

Having both the full system and the knob my experience is that the knob only affects the sub amp and flex tune only affects the second amp.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if you still need the knob if you have the full system and flex tune?  I can control bass level on flex tune, but not sure if the knob would add more control or do the same thing.  Flipped the dip switches as recommended here, which made a huge difference - thanks!!

also - anyone have recommended FlexTune settings - rock/alt based?

2021 Silverado LTZ Crew. - 3 Plus 8” with dealer installed kicker 19417166

On 11/25/2020 at 7:18 AM, MEFENN said:

The wires that it has you splice into are for the front right w bose or front left without bose. Why wouldn't you splice into the sub wire. This signal would already be lpf from the factory amp

So wait... 

The sub is only getting the right channel?  That right there would be enough to make me walk (no pun intended)

• 1 month later...

GM has incorporated bass roll off into their audio systems for several years not. As the volume gets louder the bass decreases so as to protect the cheap OEM speakers. Since this kicker add on system gets its signal form the speaker output I can only assume that this subwoofer is prone to bass roll off as well. Has anyone noticed this  and found a way to overcome it? At what volume level does the bass start to roll off?

• 2 weeks later...

Theres a step by step video on you tube regarding this upgrade, which should help those like me who are planning this upgrade. Just look up kicker sub install on Sierra.

Edited by AT4CHRIS

JL Audio makes a Stealthbox with 2 subwoofers, not cheap, but looks really nice and sounds amazing.  I ordered one, should be here next week or the week after.

Jerry

I had a stealthbox in my 2015 with 2 10”. Sounded great but expensive. I think I might try to build my own box next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2020 at 9:35 PM, Rob Mugs said:

So wait... 

The sub is only getting the right channel?  That right there would be enough to make me walk (no pun intended)

I believe that wire that gets spliced is a 12 volt turn on signal for the amp. If it were a single speaker tap it would require splicing 2 wires for positive and negative.

On 12/9/2020 at 8:31 PM, Arod1999 said:

After installing your system did your chimes for the doors and blinker get supper high?

I cant speak for everyone else but I have been dealing with a loss of chimes altogether. Took my truck into the dealer earlier this week and they didn't know what the issue was. They contacted GM tech support which suggested they replace the radio. They replaced the radio today and still no chimes. Next they disconnected the subwoofer harness removing it from the mix and connected the original harness to the radio and the chimes started working again. I contacted Kicker and they told me that they have had several reports of this issue and are currently working with GM on fix. They took name info as well as my VIN and said they would contact me when they have a resolution. He asked if my truck was a diesel, which it is. He didn't specify but sounds like maybe it only affects the diesel trucks.

11 minutes ago, maxum3300 said:

I believe that wire that gets spliced is a 12 volt turn on signal for the amp. If it were a single speaker tap it would require splicing 2 wires for positive and negative.

He's saying front right/left speakers as far as I can tell.  I know there's no direct plugin back there, so it needs a signal from somewhere