Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Rob Mugs said:

He's saying front right/left speakers as far as I can tell.  I know there's no direct plugin back there, so it needs a signal from somewhere

It gets the signal from the T harness. You unplug the grey harness from the audio control module and plug it into one side of the T harness. The other side of the T harness plugs back into the ACM. The long end of the harness routes back to the amp.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maxum3300 said:

It gets the signal from the T harness. You unplug the grey harness from the audio control module and plug it into one side of the T harness. The other side of the T harness plugs back into the ACM. The long end of the harness routes back to the amp.

Nice... thanks man.  Just got my bonus at work so plannin on buying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Purchased my kit tonight, just the sub as I already have the Bose. Knob too, I’m assuming my knob will beat the Kicker unit but we will see. I’ll post some pictures of it when it’s in. 
 

stock Bose system sucks and need a bit more bass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Coles5515 said:

Purchased my kit tonight, just the sub as I already have the Bose. Knob too, I’m assuming my knob will beat the Kicker unit but we will see. I’ll post some pictures of it when it’s in. 
 

stock Bose system sucks and need a bit more bass. 

You doing the install?  Post a song before/after vid?  Would be cool to compare IMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rob Mugs said:

You doing the install?  Post a song before/after vid?  Would be cool to compare IMHO

Yeah, dealer wanted $400 to install it. I’ve done plenty of systems since I was 16 so this will be a piece of cake. 
 

Great idea, I’ll take a 30 second clip before and after with 2 different songs. Mostly listen to country and rock but might toss in a rap song as their beats are low and I’m guessing my audio quality on a iPhone might now be the greatest. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Coles5515 said:

Yeah, dealer wanted $400 to install it. I’ve done plenty of systems since I was 16 so this will be a piece of cake. 
 

Great idea, I’ll take a 30 second clip before and after with 2 different songs. Mostly listen to country and rock but might toss in a rap song as their beats are low and I’m guessing my audio quality on a iPhone might now be the greatest. 

A country and rock combo wouldn't be bad either.  Jamey Johnson - In Color has a surprisingly loud base sweep in it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 10:05 AM, Smitty said:

Is this really any better than the sub that's in there now with the Bose premium package?   LTZ and up.   Is this replacing or adding to what's already in there?

My 2020 RST came equipped with the upgraded Bose package so it's not just LTZ and up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got it installed, and I’ll say it does sound good. I just wanted some boom not tailgate rattling to piss but just a little extra bass and I am very happy with it. Kid loves it cause it vibrates her ass and wife doesn’t mind it either so it’s a win. 
 

I tried to take sound clips but my IPhone sound quality on playback sucks so I deleted the clips. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.