factory subwoofer

*disregard figured it out. Wire in the sub box was loose.

What am I doing wrong?

Spliced into the yellow and Yellow black.

No sub output, have power, checked the splices.

This wire came back with the sub wires, where does it go?f97bff57b42f97434f038060a1e21d6a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

On 5/27/2020 at 11:35 PM, OilfieldTrash78 said:

So, what’s the consensus on this?  I would like a little more thump.  I listen to mostly rock.  Is this sub worth it?  I have a 2020 AT4 with Bose

Just installed this on my at4. You have to adjust the switches on the amp 1-5 up and 6 down and buy the control nob. It’s def worth it. The sub on the Bose system is ******. It’s only 4” and you can’t even tell it’s there. I would def recommend upgrading to this.  

Overall I'm pretty happy with the kicker sub.......

Way over priced IMHO but it works well and tucks away nicely. 

Not sure why they don't include the control knob, it's completely unusable without it. 

1 hour ago, BigMick2020 said:

Overall I'm pretty happy with the kicker sub.......

Way over priced IMHO but it works well and tucks away nicely. 

Not sure why they don't include the control knob, it's completely unusable without it. 

Did you end up ordering a knob?  Link?

So, what’s the consensus on this?  I would like a little more thump.  I listen to mostly rock.  Is this sub worth it?  I have a 2020 AT4 with Bose
I'm pretty happy. Is it a custom high end full audio replacement and setup, no. Does it take the pressure off the door speakers so they can be better on their own. I think so.

I have a 2019 LTZ with Bose, it (with the knob and switches flipped up) hits pretty well and makes the overall sound better, all IMO of course.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

On 4/23/2020 at 5:13 PM, BigMick2020 said:

Here are two different Kicker controls for the Sub, can anyone tell me which one to get......or does it not matter?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NS9YV1Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AJYZ22R6PYFT6&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BDCAWUG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1WB27YBH8JJWL&psc=1

Kicker Control.jpg

On 5/8/2020 at 8:27 PM, BigMick2020 said:

I got the 46CXARC unit ($29.95) for my 19417165 Sub and it worked fine......pretty sure it would work for yours also. 

5 hours ago, Sjordan said:

Did you end up ordering a knob?  Link?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 2:57 PM, Keinsi said:

I have no experience with the Bose or Kicker subwoofer upgrade for these trucks, but I would like to share an alternative.  SubThump makes down firing sing and dual 10" and 12" subwoofer enclosures for less than $200.   Add a couple of higher end subwoofers for another $200 and you're still coming in far less than the factory offering.  If you factor in a quality amplifier for another $300, you're still getting a pretty good deal.  

For those wanting less "boom" they even offer a quad 8" front firing set up.  

I've used these guys in my previous two trucks and loved the outcome and monetary savings. 

...just another option to consider. 

http://subthump.com/Sub-Boxes-for-Trucks/Chevrolet-GMC-Truck-and-SUV-Enclosures/Silverado-Crew-Cab

So, my experience over the years with factory systems and prebuilt stuff offered from the dealer, I figured I'd look into Subthump.  I ordered a pre-built box with a 336RMS amp built in for $219.  I added an Infinity Kappa 10" sub for $219.95, and I have a custom harness coming (full plug and play, no cutting necessary...can even disable the OEM Bose sub this way) from John Adams [email protected] (check out his YouTube channel), for $56.  So, I'll still need to drop ~$50 on cables, but I'll be all in for ~$550 with real, significant base and probably less effort to install.  Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but for the same money, I have almost twice the power, I better sub, and the guys at Subthump are getting back to me on building a matching open top box that extends the rest of the way to allow for storage in the other half of the underseat.  I'm a week out on getting everything in, but I'll install it all that day and take pictures and report back.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AustinQuattro said:

So, my experience over the years with factory systems and prebuilt stuff offered from the dealer, I figured I'd look into Subthump.  I ordered a pre-built box with a 336RMS amp built in for $219.  I added an Infinity Kappa 10" sub for $219.95, and I have a custom harness coming (full plug and play, no cutting necessary...can even disable the OEM Bose sub this way) from John Adams [email protected] (check out his YouTube channel), for $56.  So, I'll still need to drop ~$50 on cables, but I'll be all in for ~$550 with real, significant base and probably less effort to install.  Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but for the same money, I have almost twice the power, I better sub, and the guys at Subthump are getting back to me on building a matching open top box that extends the rest of the way to allow for storage in the other half of the underseat.  I'm a week out on getting everything in, but I'll install it all that day and take pictures and report back.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I got the same subthump box and an Infinity Reference Series 10". Just waiting on the harness from John Adams, great customer service by the way. My question is where is the Bose amp located? I have a 19 RST w/Bose and center console.

On 6/24/2020 at 5:05 AM, BigBird said:

I got the same subthump box and an Infinity Reference Series 10". Just waiting on the harness from John Adams, great customer service by the way. My question is where is the Bose amp located? I have a 19 RST w/Bose and center console.

**EDIT**  BOSE amp is behind the rear seat.  Attached are diagrams describing.  You will need to remove the rear seat.  When I get him to send the instructions I'll update this, but rear seat removal instructions are already on this thread I think.  So, only a power cord will need to be run from the battery, everything else is behind or under the back seat. 

ALSO, update to my post...the guys at Subthump are making me a complete one piece box with the single amplified sub on one side and just open storage on the other side, so it will be uniform looking and I won't lose my storage!  I will have to move the jack but I could just put it in the storage, though I doubt it will even work with my 6" lift and 35" tires.

Screenshot_20190606-114546.png

Screenshot_20190606-114603.png

Edited by AustinQuattro

On 6/24/2020 at 5:05 AM, BigBird said:

My harness arrives today, so I'm guessing you already got yours.  How's the fit, and how does it sound?

57 minutes ago, AustinQuattro said:

My harness arrives today, so I'm guessing you already got yours.  How's the fit, and how does it sound?

I installed it last weekend and it makes a HUGE difference. It fits under the seat fine. the only thing i should've done is gotten the wires a little longer on the harness. i got everything to fit just would've made it a little easier.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'm sure myself and others would be glad to help.

47 minutes ago, BigBird said:

I installed it last weekend and it makes a HUGE difference. It fits under the seat fine. the only thing i should've done is gotten the wires a little longer on the harness. i got everything to fit just would've made it a little easier.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'm sure myself and others would be glad to help.

Awesome.  Do you just turn down the base on the head unit?  The box comes with a remote knob...just wondering what kind of level I'm gonna be looking at.  Same power I just have a bit different sub.  About same spl level (90 vs 92), I'll run at 2ohms.

31 minutes ago, AustinQuattro said:

Awesome.  Do you just turn down the base on the head unit?  The box comes with a remote knob...just wondering what kind of level I'm gonna be looking at.  Same power I just have a bit different sub.  About same spl level (90 vs 92), I'll run at 2ohms.

Yep, I turned my head unit down to 0 and the remote knob is in the middle, I think that's a good starting point depending on the music. My sub is 2 ohms as well

• Like 1