factory subwoofer

I picked up the full sound upgrade kit with sub/amp and the additional amp that is installed behind the rear seat.

definitely a low-end improvement from a stock non-Bose system. it surely has a sweet frequency that seems louder than the others. it sounds like certain bass notes are substantially louder than others. I dunno, maybe others are quieter????

I like the factory fit and the way it has storage compartment built in.

Im not sure I noticed much of a difference in the amp for the existing speakers. still trying to tune it all with the flextume app.

I did get the bass control knob. buy the knob if you are pondering, its cheap

• Thanks 1

I'm curious, why is no one trying to replace the factory bose sub with an 8 in a new box like was popular in the K2s?  Seems like it should still work.  Maybe no one has measure out the specs for a box yet

When you install the kicker factory subwoofer, does it pull most of the bass to the sub or do the speakers still do the same thing as without the sub?

Just wondering if most bass will come from the back or speakers as well?

I'd prefer less bass in the speakers and more into the subwoofer,so just wondering how it is designed to work.

Any replies would be great!

5 hours ago, Hydro4acid said:

When you install the kicker factory subwoofer, does it pull most of the bass to the sub or do the speakers still do the same thing as without the sub?

Just wondering if most bass will come from the back or speakers as well?

I'd prefer less bass in the speakers and more into the subwoofer,so just wondering how it is designed to work.

Any replies would be great!

You can configure it however you like. Use the radio equalizer bass control to add or remove bass from the doors and the kicker subwoofer control knob to add/remove bass from the kicker. 

1 hour ago, cdh7917 said:

Where is everybody getting the best pricing on these units?  List is $699, which is what my local dealer is charging. 

Cheapest I have found online is $603 shipped.

I got mine from ShopChevyParts last year. They have it on sale for $559 and they offer 5% off coupon for new customers which should help offset the shipping cost. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got my factory Kicker subwoofer installed today at the dealership. I had 20,000 Rewards points (100.00), so that more than paid for the installation. I have the non-Bose system in my 2020 LT.

After leaving the dealership I was thinking...hmmm. But I knew from reading this forum that I needed to do some tweaking, and I had already purchased the remote control.

I removed the amp and found switches 1,4, and 5 up. After putting ALL up except 6, the sub came to life. WOW!!! I have the bass on the head unit set at 0, and the remote set about 65%. This thing definitely thumps. And if I put it much higher, it's actually overbearing. I'm a happy camper.

I waited tooooo many years to put a sub in my 2002 Ram, so I wasn't going to waste any time getting one put in the Chevy. I'm glad I went with the Kicker.

Thanks to everyone for their input on here.

Edited by sunarf

On 1/31/2020 at 9:03 PM, sunarf said:

I got my factory Kicker subwoofer installed today at the dealership. I had 20,000 Rewards points (100.00), so that more than paid for the installation. I have the non-Bose system in my 2020 LT.

After leaving the dealership I was thinking...hmmm. But I knew from reading this forum that I needed to do some tweaking, and I had already purchased the remote control.

I removed the amp and found switches 1,4, and 5 up. After putting ALL up except 6, the sub came to life. WOW!!! I have the bass on the head unit set at 0, and the remote set about 65%. This thing definitely thumps. And if I put it much higher, it's actually overbearing. I'm a happy camper.

I waited tooooo many years to put a sub in my 2002 Ram, so I wasn't going to waste any time getting one put in the Chevy. I'm glad I went with the Kicker.

Thanks to everyone for their input on here.

I also appreciate the input and the things I learned from reading all these posts. 

I installed mine today in my non-Bose 2020 LTZ.   When I found this truck a couple of weeks ago I didn't care that it didn't have Bose or nav.   I wasn't impressed with the Bose on my 2019 although previous trucks I've had w/Bose sounded OK. 

Install was no big deal,  I used to install avionics many years ago.  The part that sucked was tapping into the little plug that was tucked way out of the way.  It took me most of the afternoon,  mainly because I was trying to find out why there was an extra plug.   I'm glad I checked the switches, 2 and 3 were down.  I put all 6 up.  After I finished it and fired it up I wasn't impressed. I moved the switches to 1-5 up and 6 down and it was much better.  I also installed a bass control knob.

It sounds pretty good to my aged ears. I listened to some Stones,  Led Zeppelin,  Doors, and other fine tunes from days gone by and I'm pleased. 

Edited by Blee

Hey guys,

My sub is installed. I bought the control knob afterwards for the sub.

What are the proper steps for installing one? Ive seen power off, knob all the way to the lowest setting.

How do i get the amp to have no power, just unplug everything?

Thanks, sorry for the amateur questions.

Is there a subwoofer upgrade for the 2019 Work Truck?   I bought a 2019 Silverado 1500 Work Truck Crew Cab and the sound is terrible.   I looked up Part #19417164 for the kicker subwoofer and it says it does not work in my truck... I assume because the worj=k truck doesn't have the correct wiring harness to support it.  Has anyone installed this into the work truck?   Any recommendations?