New Infotainment update v803.1

2 hours ago, Atelliott89 said:

So I just checked mine and mine appears to be very old!.. I don't understand.. it says no update available..

20190907_114642.jpg

Based on that version, it looks like you have the IOR (base) infotainment system. Unfortunately you guys don’t get the same software versions or updates that you would see others with in this thread. If there are any applicable updates, your dealer could check, and load them but I wouldn’t be surprised if there are not any. Good news is that system doesn’t really have all of the bugs the higher end ones have!

On 6/17/2019 at 9:18 AM, riderguy57 said:

Has anyone had to go to the dealership to get the new software. My build date was late of 2018, but I purchased the truck about a month and a half ago. The version running is 509. It says I'm up to date, with the last update done in December 2018. MyGMC suggested I go to the dealer, but if there is a way to download the software to a thumb drive and then install it, I'm all ears on how to do that. I would prefer not to go to the dealer if I can help it.

Scott

2019 GMC Sierra Denali

Mfr date 4/19 and I just had the Nav system installed in my system. System was 800 series before the install and reflashed after the install to 509. To install the Nav, tech called GM to register it by and provided with flash update and my VIN with the new Nav installed called for 509. Before the install my unit had the Climate Off bug, now it doesn't and everything works perfectly on 509.

Seems just because a software version is later doesn't mean it is better for your particular configuration. When I try to auto update, unit says I have the latest update.

4 hours ago, Atelliott89 said:

Thanks @OnTheReel.. Damn... I got a pretty loaded rst but the one thing i regret is not getting the convenience package II.. i know it's a stretch but does anyone know if you can get that package installed after?..

Haven’t seen it done yet. I know the dealers generally won’t tackle something like that. As I see it, they are pretty robotic about only doing GM approved accessories/ upgrades and can’t program modules outside of what the truck originally came with.

Unfortunately there’s a lot of equipment that revolves around that package as well. The display, slot for an SD (nav upgradable) and even the backup camera is different. Not saying it can’t be done but I would question if it’s even worth it. The company below could probably help you if you really had to have it.

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/