Red tow hooks

On 10/18/2020 at 12:56 AM, Andyh1 said:

If you guys have red ones. Let me know I'll take then.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I have the red ones I just pulled off my TrailBoss. 

Installed shackles which I personally like way better. 

IMG_5308.thumb.JPEG.1a217659efa6e02f3bf95fd3eb455b75.JPEG

I don't think the Silverados will work on the Sierras... Someone correct me if I'm wrong

I wasn't sure of that either. I have read conflicting information on that. 
The ones on my sierra are mounted vertically... Are yours the same or horizontally?

20 hours ago, childstoys said:

where did you get the shackles - for your Chevy ?? Looks good

1 hour ago, slj2008 said:

where did you get the shackles - for your Chevy ?? Looks good

https://www.americantrucks.com/rough-country-silverado1500-tow-hook-to-shackle-conversion-kit-rs147.html

Picked up a set of black shackles on Amazon for $20 and they fit perfectly. Install was 15 minutes. Shackles are great when actually pulling stuff with your truck and a tow strap. 

As a tip... Use a piece of cardboard or something under the shackle braces when sliding them in place. This will prevent them digging into the plastic under them when getting lined up. Luckily I noticed this before anything went sideways. 

Also put some black zip ties on the shackle bolts to prevent them from creeping out or some 8 year old kid from taking them off in a parking lot. 

Edited by childstoys

17 hours ago, Andyh1 said:

The ones on my sierra are mounted vertically... Are yours the same or horizontally?

Horizontal... I thought the frames were the same though??? Should fit regardless no? 

On 10/20/2020 at 9:46 AM, childstoys said:

https://www.americantrucks.com/rough-country-silverado1500-tow-hook-to-shackle-conversion-kit-rs147.html

Picked up a set of black shackles on Amazon for $20 and they fit perfectly. Install was 15 minutes. Shackles are great when actually pulling stuff with your truck and a tow strap. 

As a tip... Use a piece of cardboard or something under the shackle braces when sliding them in place. This will prevent them digging into the plastic under them when getting lined up. Luckily I noticed this before anything went sideways. 

Also put some black zip ties on the shackle bolts to prevent them from creeping out or some 8 year old kid from taking them off in a parking lot. 

when you took off your tow hooks , any problems ?? my 2015 i had to cut of the bolt ( put in backwards ).

8 hours ago, slj2008 said:

when you took off your tow hooks , any problems ?? my 2015 i had to cut of the bolt ( put in backwards ).

No issues here. Truck is only a month old. Everything is still fresh underneath. 

No they aren’t. The tow loop is vertical, but the mounts are horizontal. The loop turns 90 degrees. Check your mounts they will be horizontal where they bolt on.

You’ll have to get under the bumper to see it, it’s behind that little rubber boot thing.

22086a7e64c948326f43aff95af1dde8.jpg

4929cfcb17900d7474adaf5f178c8bbe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 11:56 PM, Andyh1 said:

If you guys have red ones. Let me know I'll take then.

I have some red ones I pulled off to put an aftermarket bumper on that I would sell. These are the real thing not some aftermarket version. 

F800DCCE-87D1-44C1-B243-367E581F583A.jpeg

A2742C96-0F4C-432D-84BB-C889C8FB015F.jpeg

Edited by TXguy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Which shackles did you order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk