NHT Max Tow come without tow mirrors?

Looking to replace my current 14 sierra denali 5.3 with a similar priced SLT 6.2 max tow.  

Question: Did all max tow trucks come with the tow mirrors? Been searching for  max tow trucks and wondering if this would be a quick way to distinguish if  truck is equipped with the NHT package.  I am not finding to many of these trucks for sale in alberta. Budget limits to about 2014-2017.

Towing 9000lbs travel trailer with the 5.3 and wanting just a little bit more power. I dont want a 2500 and current truck does fine but could could use a little more power so dont even bother telling me to get a tired 6.0.  Ive actually towed this trailer with both a 6.2 max tow and a  2015 2500 6.0 and prefer towing with the 6.2 for my needs. 

Edited by brendon444

Max tows would come with the tow mirrors as part of the package. They are hard to find even new on the dealers lots. I still have yet to see a new one on any dealers lot near me. When i bought mine i traveled 3 hours into NJ to get one when my local dealer refused to give me a good deal on it. The only issue though is alot of people did add aftermarket tow mirrors so if you do go make sure you look in the glove box for the code NHT.

17 minutes ago, Bstevens1084 said:

Max tows would come with the tow mirrors as part of the package. They are hard to find even new on the dealers lots. I still have yet to see a new one on any dealers lot near me. When i bought mine i traveled 3 hours into NJ to get one when my local dealer refused to give me a good deal on it. The only issue though is alot of people did add aftermarket tow mirrors so if you do go make sure you look in the glove box for the code NHT.

Good point. I'll make sure to check for the code in case someone is trying to pass one off as a max tow.  I might as well keep my current truck unless I find a 6.2 with the lower ratio rear end or i wont be gaining much. 

I had to order my NHT.  When I was looking to buy there were 4 total NHT CC Standard bed Silverados in the country (new, not used) and none of them close to me.  My dealer reached out to the closest state and asked to trade for the one they had, but they just ignored him.  I feel like I missed out on some bargaining power by ordering vs buying off a lot, but I still got a good deal and I got EXACTLY what I wanted.

• Like 1

Guys swap the mirrors out too because they don't like them.. my 2013 is an example of that as it has DL8 small mirrors on it but came factory with tow mirrors.  In 2014 the mirrors were not part of the NHT group either whereas 2015 and newer they were.

When I bought my 2015 6.2 I found lots of them new on the lots with NHT... its Alberta.... its not that hard lol.  It just sometimes takes a while... and look in Saskatchewan too.  I just got my 2013 out of there and I found quite a few NHT 6.2 trucks.

I would try and find a 2014 6 speed 3.73 truck myself but that's just me.... or even the 3.73 geared 5.3 trucks throughout the run.  

Quick 5 minute Kijiji search in Alberta and I found a 2014 Chev 6.2 NHT as well as a 15 and 17 GMC 6.2 NHT trucks.  That was my scabby no effort search lol.  

When I look for a truck I get the vin and pull the build sheet because then you know what you are looking at.  

Edited by SierraHD17
  • Like 1

I purchased my 2015 5.3 used last year and it did not have the tow mirrors and the dealers in SoCal didn't have a clue what the max tow package was. I had to have them send me a picture of the RPO codes in the glove box. The tow mirror exchange was plug-N-play and very ease for a DL8 and only cost $125. https://www.am-autoparts.com/products/item/AM-1295053246.html?trk_msg=SVQ5QJIE94VKFFOGK8IB3KKQFS&trk_contact=T86R75NLPDE7HMGRA9L5NCC2PK&trk_module=tra&trk_sid=930FV8K6RST6J0QE1LI328H2OK&utm_source=Transactional&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fwww.am-autoparts.com%2fproducts%2fitem%2fAM-1295053246.html&utm_campaign=OrderConfirmation&utm_content=AM+Order+Confirmation

1 hour ago, ray2005 said:

All NHT have tow mirrors. If you are searching and there is a keyword filter use "9.76". That's the rear size and will filter them out as long as the dealer posts it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

No they do not.  In 2014 the tow mirrors were an option on the NHT trucks. He won't find anything searching online with the axle size especially looking at the used market.  Not to mention every single 6.2 truck has the 9.76" and since he wants a 6.2 only that filters nothing.

Edited by SierraHD17

No they do not.  In 2014 the tow mirrors were an option on the NHT trucks. He won't find anything searching online with the axle size especially looking at the used market.  Not to mention every single 6.2 truck has the 9.76" and since he wants a 6.2 only that filters nothing.
Not sure what search you would use but that's exactly what I did a few months ago to find mine. I was using auto trader, cars.com, etc.... Yes the 6.2 has the 9.76 but it's only listed as a feature with the NHT package. I did not know 2014 the mirrors were an option.

2014 is a tricky year as initial build NHT trucks did not come standard with towing mirrors.  They had optional the carryover style DPN mirror, and then got the new DPN mirror for 2015 as standard equipment. 

Only way to truly verify an early one is by VIN/RPO build label (or any NHT for that matter as people do swap mirrors). 

Edited by newdude

Kijiji.  Nobody lists the rear end size lol.  Even dealers list it wrong... according to the dealership my 2013 has a 8.6" 10 bolt and a 4.8 when it's a NHT 6.2 truck lol.  Miss a lot of trucks if that's all you use as search criteria.
Oh, that sucks.