Pcv Catch Can or delete?

Yes we have. The issue is the small vacuum is nice to give a little negative valve and crank case pressure. But on super and turbo we do both or breather only. I have both on any negative intake pressure once I get boost at all the check valve closes to the intake and the catch can is only under vacuum because the secondary exit line goes to pre turbo intake. But with the can cleaning and the vacuum line so long oil debris cant make it to turbo. Also I have both valve cover port and the css port going to 5/8" that again is long. Goes to a large tank with larger dual port air filters. It is about the most pressure I can let out of the engine without drilling more holes in the engine. Works great.

Got any pictures? 

1 hour ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Yes we have. The issue is the small vacuum is nice to give a little negative valve and crank case pressure. But on super and turbo we do both or breather only. I have both on any negative intake pressure once I get boost at all the check valve closes to the intake and the catch can is only under vacuum because the secondary exit line goes to pre turbo intake. But with the can cleaning and the vacuum line so long oil debris cant make it to turbo. Also I have both valve cover port and the css port going to 5/8" that again is long. Goes to a large tank with larger dual port air filters. It is about the most pressure I can let out of the engine without drilling more holes in the engine. Works great.

This is what I have set up right now, and I have an elite catch can on order to put in line with the pcv system. I asked my mechanic to install a catch can and this is the style he put so I only ordered the 2 port can from elite
B798484A-68C2-496A-BB3F-2176C53CDEA0.thumb.jpeg.cc0815fe178ccc708b17ca80b8302058.jpeg
9A1C80DC-8077-43B1-BB25-A6AF31F66E34.jpeg.7b6754e4cc701ca6a7aec0471af11a5f.jpeg
Your n/a so that good. My tank looks fancy but it is a Ebay $60 tank. As I said my exit in catch can closes under boost so it doesnt back flow so the second port on elite can goes before the turbocharger. And that can really suck air. It was whistling LOUD before I got the breather tank.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Your n/a so that good. My tank looks fancy but it is a Ebay $60 tank. As I said my exit in catch can closes under boost so it doesnt back flow so the second port on elite can goes before the turbocharger. And that can really suck air. It was whistling LOUD before I got the breather tank.

Sweet! I seen your name mentioned on another thread about having an ON3 turbo kit on your truck, care to share some info on it? I've been looking at their single turbo kit for some time now and curious on if it is a reliable kit.

Sweet! I seen your name mentioned on another thread about having an ON3 turbo kit on your truck, care to share some info on it? I've been looking at their single turbo kit for some time now and curious on if it is a reliable kit.
Very good kit. Only kit that offers full dual bank to turbo intake most are a log manifold. Bands could be better but not a issue. Even on 5.3 just buy the 76mm or the BMF 10psi safe all day 12psi we are pushing the 5.3l fuel system and I maxed out at over 600rwhp on stock fuel. With more fuel the stock block record is 850rwhp. But i will stay lower then that. Plans are concerted and fuel next but busy on other project so some time this summer.

My tune is in more then 6 trucks I now of and all dyno over 560rwhp at 12psi on stock everything trucks. I say it is the best bang for the buck.

19 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Very good kit. Only kit that offers full dual bank to turbo intake most are a log manifold. Bands could be better but not a issue. Even on 5.3 just buy the 76mm or the BMF 10psi safe all day 12psi we are pushing the 5.3l fuel system and I maxed out at over 600rwhp on stock fuel. With more fuel the stock block record is 850rwhp. But i will stay lower then that. Plans are concerted and fuel next but busy on other project so some time this summer.

My tune is in more then 6 trucks I now of and all dyno over 560rwhp at 12psi on stock everything trucks. I say it is the best bang for the buck.

Thats awesome to hear, some guys say their kits are cheap and so I was somewhat concerned. 

Currently running a tsp cam with +32% fuel lobe and getting 375whp with 4.88 gears and 37" tires. 

But i'm looking for some more get up and go lol

Thats awesome to hear, some guys say their kits are cheap and so I was somewhat concerned. 

Currently running a tsp cam with +32% fuel lobe and getting 375whp with 4.88 gears and 37" tires. 

But i'm looking for some more get up and go lol
No the stainless is great quality. Whole kit is good.
For the money you could add the bigger injectors and hpfp. Run 600rwhp safely.
I would check those cam specs with a forced induction. Make sure they are ok. And that gear is big for turbo truck. But 200 more resr wheel horsepower will still get it moving.

Is 600whp roughly the max for the factory fuel system?
Yes at 560-570rwhp on stock everything. The fuel pulse width is just past what all tunes feel is safe. But depends on the dyno and the setup. So.max yes safe no. The high side fuel system is cheap to upgrade. The low side is the more expensive part. On a stock block it starts to get into the not worth it area. I mean 3-4k for a fuel.sytem to be 600-700 is cool but on the streets I have traction issues and then everything more is a band aid, like meth and nitrous. To be more on stock block. Most will buy gm high side fuel and call it good then you are low 625rwhp or so and safe. Also these are non e85 numbers as it takes more e85 to make the same power number so the injectors run out quicker.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-02 at 12:11 PM, 1SLOW1500 said:

Hey sorry to bother ya again, but I just received my elite catch can and was wondering will it even pull a vacuum if the other ports are connected to my vented catch can? 

Hey sorry to bother ya again, but I just received my elite catch can and was wondering will it even pull a vacuum if the other ports are connected to my vented catch can? 
As long as the exit on the elite goes to the intake manifold that is always under vacuum on a neutraly aspirated engine. The valve covers really just need breathers or open air.
The CCS is tricky because it still gives up some oil so I piped that into the breathers and see no oil issues. Or other option is the dirty line aka the in pot to the elite.
Hope that makes sense.