Crew Cab Running Boards on Double Cab

All,

I have a set if OEM crew cab running boards for my 2017

Friend of mine has a double cab 2017...hurting for $ and I'm willing to give my boards to him.

Will they fit minus cutting them down on each end and reinstalling the plastic end caps?

The crew cab boards have 4 mounts - how many does the double cab have?

Can anyone measure the overall length for your double cab set?  Maybe the mount points  where the boards bolt to the mounts?

Thanks

I would just test fit them on his real quick. It honestly shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to try. I would assume they wont fit since I don't think theres any adjustability like aftermarket ones. My double cab tubular has 3 mounts, but the body have a hole for a fourth that is unused.

22 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

They should fit just fine. Wheelbase is the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Wheelbase is not the same...Sorry forgot to mention mine is a crew 6'6" bed

OK...I'll give it a shot.

Thanks

What does the wheel base matter?.
Cab size is what matters here.
Crew cab is 9" longer than a double cab 
They are both built on the same length chassis in the case of a crew cab short bed and double cab standard bed.

OP has a standard bed with a crew cab, but his running boards are no different in length than one might find on a crew cab short bed.

As such, the boards cannot be "too long". They will not hit the back tire, because wheelbase is the same on double cab/standard bed and crew cab/short bed.

2 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

They are both built on the same length chassis in the case of a crew cab short bed and double cab standard bed.

OP has a standard bed with a crew cab, but his running boards are no different in length than one might find on a crew cab short bed.

As such, the boards cannot be "too long". They will not hit the back tire, because wheelbase is the same on double cab/standard bed and crew cab/short bed.

He's talking about taking boards off a crew cab and putting them on a double cab   

The cab on the double cab is 9" shorter than the cab on a crew cab.

Crew cab boards are 9" longer. 

I should know I have one of each. Sure the longer boards will fit but they would look stupid

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 1

He's talking about taking boards off a crew cab and putting them on a double cab   
The cab on the double cab is 9" shorter than the cab on a crew cab.
Crew cab boards are 9" longer. 
I should know I have one of each. Sure the longer boards will fit but they would look stupid
I don't know, the extra length would go over to the bed, that could be a handy thing. But I am function over form on a lot of things.

Probably won't work.. There are only 3 mounting brackets on a double cab if I recall correctly... You can get running boards on ebay for $130 that look just like OEM, your buddy should just save up some $$...

19 minutes ago, Imcrazy said:

Probably won't work.. There are only 3 mounting brackets on a double cab if I recall correctly... You can get running boards on ebay for $130 that look just like OEM, your buddy should just save up some $$...

Those $130 ones are junk