Fox 2.0 Coilover IFP Shock Setup - Good? Bad? Recommendations?

So, long story short.. Minnesota sucks and my front shocks are toast.  I am currently on stock shocks (rear Z71 ranchos) and have the RC 2.5" leveling kit installed.  My plan is to remove the RC 2.5" kit and upgrade front and rear suspension to something better that will support my current tire setup.

I am looking at upgrading to the Fox 2.0 Coilover IFP Shock set up, specifically this kit:

https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/chevy-gmc/fox-2-0-performance-ifp-0-2-lift-shocks-2007-2017-gmc-sierra-1500/

Has anyone installed it?  Thoughts? Suggestions?  Is there a better set up to achieve what I want?

And yes, I did search, but it seems like the search bar is busted as it returned ZERO hits on a search for "fox"..

Just ordered the Fox 2.5 non-resi and Fox 2.0 rears for about $100 more than the price listed in your link from MRT Motorsports. I've done quite a bit of research and people seem to be happy with this setup and the one you listed. Once installed i'll post a picture. MRT has great prices and great service from what i've experienced so far, he's also active on this forum. 

I have the 2.0 set up you posted. It maintains ride quality but corners much better and eats up bumps. Steering wheel won't judder out of your hands and the ass of the truck won't go sideways on bumps. Before and after pics so you see the height.

IMG_3607.PNG

I have an idea of what it will look like as i've currently got the 2.5" RC kit installed, i'm more concerned with overall ride quality, and what size tire setup i can run.  

Keep me posted on the 2.5 non-res kit, i would consider another kit as well.  I was going to switch to Bilstein 5100's, but my strut assembly is shot up front, so i can't reuse it like the bilsteins require :(

I have the 2.0s and LOVE them. They ride great and eat up bumps way better than the ranchos could ever dream. Cornering is great too as mentioned above. 

If you are hard on them, you could go with 2.5s and new upper control arms as well. 

I'm running the 2.0s to where my truck is leveled and have 17" methods (0 offset) with 295/70r17 cooper XLTs. Rubs the felt liner and thats it. About to zip tie that back and fix the issue.

FYI though... my fox shocks did creak a good bit and take some adjusting to get the height that i wanted. I would recommend going through a highly recommended shop. I did and they helped get them set up properly and also put some grease/lube on the top hats/springs so they wouldn't creak. 

19 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

Another option is the Bilstein 6112. Although I'd just go with a set of CST or Fox 2.5" non-resi. 2.0s aren't worth how much they cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at the bilsteins, but not sure what is good and what is bad on my stock struts.  To my knowledge, you still have to utilize parts of the stock strut for this kit and I would hate to get caught in a situation where I need to buy another assembly on top of this kit.  I am hoping for a direct swap to make it easier on myself.

4 hours ago, tyrich88 said:

I have the 2.0s and LOVE them. They ride great and eat up bumps way better than the ranchos could ever dream. Cornering is great too as mentioned above. 

If you are hard on them, you could go with 2.5s and new upper control arms as well. 

I'm running the 2.0s to where my truck is leveled and have 17" methods (0 offset) with 295/70r17 cooper XLTs. Rubs the felt liner and thats it. About to zip tie that back and fix the issue.

FYI though... my fox shocks did creak a good bit and take some adjusting to get the height that i wanted. I would recommend going through a highly recommended shop. I did and they helped get them set up properly and also put some grease/lube on the top hats/springs so they wouldn't creak. 

I'm not too hard on them, and utilizing stock components where I can would be ideal.  Thanks for the heads up on the creaking, I would like to avoid that as it's annoying and shouldn't happen in my opinion.  I was planning on installing myself as I have done a few swaps, but may look into another shop installing if needed.

I got a set of Fox 2.0 front and rear from MRT. Great price for a great ride. Handles forest service roads awesome, even at speed. Not quite as soft as stock, but corners much better and gives way better road and ride control. Self installed. Leveled well, and no squeeks. Did need re touqueing after a couple hundred miles. The only thing I'd swap them for is a 4"CST lift.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

On 4/12/2019 at 6:49 PM, Jakob said:

I'm not too hard on them, and utilizing stock components where I can would be ideal.  Thanks for the heads up on the creaking, I would like to avoid that as it's annoying and shouldn't happen in my opinion.  I was planning on installing myself as I have done a few swaps, but may look into another shop installing if needed.

I've heard some having the creaking and some dont. Seems to be hit or miss. 
The only reason i had someone install was because 1: they did it for free and 2: i didnt want to have to remove the shocks to adjust the level. 
I've heard you dont HAVE to remove the shocks to adjust it, but they do a lot of these and said it's better and easier if you do, so i just let them handle it. 

They got the truck adjusted properly height-wise and to my liking, then fixed the squeak a week later after it didnt go away.
(the worst part about the squeak was you couldn't hear it outside, only from inside the cab unless you really put your back into it from outside. 

Now it rides like a dream. Took some dirt farm roads this past weekend and looked down and was doing 65-70 no problem. My buddy said "I feel like i'm riding in a buick, this thing just floats like i'm on a cloud"
It was pretty awesome to really get to see how they perform on some bumpy rutted dirt roads