37 minutes ago, Dan V 25 said:

Well I'm still waiting on the transfer case module to come in. That's what they said it was. 

Was your 4wd light intermittent as well? Did it clear itself after driving a few miles?

Edited by 19Sierra

Was your 4wd light intermittent as well? Did it clear itself after driving a few miles?

Yes. Mine sometimes would clear after a day or two. I really dont think that's the problem but heres to hoping it does fix it. 

6 hours ago, 19Sierra said:

So the light went out on my way there but the code was still saved in the truck for that ignition cycle. Here's what they did this time. Hopefully this fixes it, but only time will tell.

20200122_093738.jpg

Yeah they updated the software for me the first time. Still didnt fix it. Still waiting for the part to come in

On 1/21/2020 at 4:07 PM, davester said:

...except of course, for the frame of those Tundras...  How many of them has yota recalled?

ya, ofcourse there is this guy that mentions something that happened on 13 plus year old trucks that Toyota addressed and fixed, you should look at the 2014 Gm truck frames. How about you stick to the present and lets not get into recalls since GM and Ford lead the way 10 fold. 

On 1/24/2020 at 4:56 PM, Dan V 25 said:

Went down to my dealer to see if they heard anything on the TCCM they ordered....GM is currently out. So who knows when I'll be getting my part.

That sucks, mines been good so far, fingers are still crossed though. Lol there was another guy at the dealer Wednesday that was having the same issue as us. So clearly it's not a couple isolated incidents. 

Edited by 19Sierra

1/27/19 @ 5:35 am my truck threw this code.. "Service 4WD" after attempting to switch it from AUTO to 2HI. I was not moving, the truck was in neutral and I had just driven it the day before about 100 miles, no issues and smooth sailing. I continued to drive despite the code and the truck handled fine. Also, of course once I put it in park, the Ebrake automatically engaged.

After reading through the multiple posts on this forum, I'm less than pleased to now be a part of this. I will be making an appointment with the dealer and if they come up with any effective repairs, I will hop on here and give an update. 

Edited by Mariah Forar
  • Thanks 1

Mine just came back on again tonight. Swung by the dealer and they scanned it and got the same code as the last 2 times. Said they where going to have the service advisor that I have been dealing with throughout this issue call me tomorrow and figure out what she wants to do next.

The dealership told me that the transfer case was "confused" and didn't know what driving mode it was in so it ended up getting stuck in 4HI causing the rear diff to slip and the truck wouldn't drive forward at all. I was told they had to re-program the transfer case control module so basically meaning they reset it?? and I was told it's good to go... Well we'll see. If it comes down to a computer getting confused then like any phone or laptop, which happens quite often, we reset those when they get "confused" but with my truck, I had to get it towed yesterday because the computer was confused??? Ridiculous. I'll be waiting impatiently for a recall notice.