37 minutes ago, Mhugg226 said:

I'm located in Canada, perhaps the Canadian PDC's had stock and the US is out of stock?

That is very possible, at least it isn't a problem for me now that winter is over. And with the covid-19 issue who knows when things will get back to normal. I'm interested to see if that will fix your issue though, hopefully it does!!!! Please report back. Lol

Edited by 19Sierra

On 4/1/2020 at 9:00 PM, 19Sierra said:

That is very possible, at least it isn't a problem for me now that winter is over. And with the covid-19 issue who knows when things will get back to normal. I'm interested to see if that will fix your issue though, hopefully it does!!!! Please report back. Lol

Mine hasn’t kicked on since last snow as well, I’ve used it in mud several times now and nothing. Hopefully a TSB comes of it before next winter.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a 2020 at4  6.2 gas with only 867 miles on it and doing the same thing even thought the 4x4 seems to still work it has given me the service 4x4 3 times now taken it to the dealer tomorrow 10/27/2020..after I've read these comments I'm set on the dealership has one shot to get it right or im going to give them the truck back... In my opinion there is no excuses for Breanna vehicle have problems..il go back to rams before I deal with bs wit gm

Yeah 2020 Denali Duramax here and my light’s been on for 4 days. I’m in Texas; there haven’t been any wet/muddy/snow/icy conditions. Truck has 1500 miles. Taking it to the dealer next week, but OnStar already told me they didn’t detect any fault codes. My light isn’t intermittent but constant every time I drive or start the vehicle.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am had the same Service 4WD and Parking brake automatically on in Park after shifting from Auto 4WD to 2 Hi.  Took it to the Dealer where software updates were completed and functionally the problem seems to be resolved.  The 4WD indicator in the instrument cluster continues to remain Orange and the Service 4WD message does appear upon start-up.   I have a little over 28000 miles on the truck at this time and have had no issues up to this point.  Taking back to the dealer in the morning for further service.  Hoping that the issue can be resolved.  In all of the reading I have done, it seems that this problem is somewhat common, but there is not any real definitive cause or resolution described.  I am hoping that the issue can be resolved and prevented from happening again. 

• 1 month later...

I have 2021 Silverado Custom I bought in October (delivered in December). A couple of months ago every time I hit a bump the traction control indicator would show that it was off. Like to drove me nuts when I was off road because it "dinged" every time. Then before I could get it to the dealer the check brakes light, air bag light and a few other warning lights started periodically going on and off. Turned out to be the brake sensor. They replaced that and it's been good ever since.

• 3 weeks later...

This issue befell me today. 2019 RST with 17K on it that has been totally flawless until now. Yikes. 

Put my truck in Auto to drive home in the rain from work. Got home, parked and shut down. Got back in 15 min later to run an errand and got the Service 4WD message. Truck was still in Auto, but very much felt like 4H when I was turning hard to get out of the garage. 

Stopped, put it in park and tried shifting it to 2H. Nothing doing. Tried 4H and 4L, nothing. Felt like the truck was working hard to make the front wheels move forward when I was on the gas. 

Kept driving and it seemed to ease up. Finally got it back to 2H, but the icon was still orange. 

Then I got home and it was really leaking for a couple of minutes right off the bottom of the transmission. But it was clear and it was water. (I tasted the tip of my finger). 

Very weird. I’ve had it in and out of Auto and 4H countless times in the 2.5 years I’ve owned it. No issues until today. 

I made an appointment for a couple days from now but I don’t have much confidence in the fix after reading this thread. That, plus, I don’t want to be without my truck for even a few days for lack of loaners from the dealer. 

Edited by econometrics

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my end...

Truck was working fine in 2WD, but the "Service 4WD" light was on every time I started the truck. And would keep putting the P brake on when I put it in P. I shifted to Auto once, but when I turned, it made a weird noise. 

Took it to the dealer. 

Here's what the repair sheet said: 

Upon disassembly found output shaft bearing snap ring to have popped off causing misalignment of shaft to move forward not allowing transfer case to shift. Inspected all other transfer case components and checked out ok. Replaced output shaft bearing snap ring and reassembled unit. Found system to be operating ok and drove and verified correction.

So I have the truck back now, and everything seems to be working normal. 👍🏼 We'll see if it all holds over time. 🙏🏼 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2020 gmc sierra 1500 elevation. At around 10,000 miles my service 4wd light came on. Next, the vehicle was stuck in 4-low and I had to have it towed to the dealership. The service tech said it just needed an update and was good to go. 2 days later the same light comes back on and off to the dealership I go. Anyone else have this issue and get it resolved?