I wanted to see if anyone is having an issue with the dash saying Service 4WD.  I've got a 2019 AT4 with 12,500 miles.  This first instance occurred at around 3k miles.  Whenever the truck is started the "Service 4WD" light would come on.  Took it into the dealership, they had it for a week and said they replaced the transfer case actuator motor and all would be good.  A few months later at about 10k miles it happens again.  This time I take it in they perform some computer updates and say that should take care of it.  Now two weeks later it's back on for a third time and comes on every time the truck starts.

The other thing that happens is that the parking brake automatically engages every-time the truck is put in park.  When it is operating properly the parking brake typically will only automatically engage when I am parked on an incline, unless I manually engage it.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Same issue... 2019 Custom Trail Boss... @1800 miles, towed to dealer as parking brake would not disengage (computer reprogrammed); 4100 miles, service 4wd and parking brake engaged, was able to get electronic brake to disengage (been at dealer for 2 weeks, replacing actuator and contacts).  Was given a loaner vehicle.  Hoping to get vehicle back soon and that this fix works!

11/16/19 -- vehicle still at dealer, waiting on "new connectors"!!!

Edited by Trail Boss
Update

Same issue exactly, right down to the parking brake engaging. It started at 2000kms and it’s done it half a dozen times since. GM is acting like they have never heard of this but obviously it’s a thing. My friend got the exact same truck a month later than I did and his just did it last week. Taking it in again next week even though once again it has corrected itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any information on what the fix was for this yet? I have a 19 AT4 with the performance package and my Service 4WD light came on randomly when I started the truck in the morning. My wife typically leaves the truck in the Auto AWD setting. When the light came on the truck was acting like it was in 4WD and none of the buttons were working to put it into 2WD. Therefore on dry pavement I had to make it home on a Sunday about 100km and book the truck in. The dealership got the truck into 2WD and said the TCCM transfer case control module needs to be replaced and it could be a while for the part to come in. They said keep the truck in 2WD and do not use 4WD. Well I live in Canada and we had a snow storm last night and I was not pleased to be told not to use the 4WD on a truck a bought 2 months ago. 

Did a new TCCM fix the issue for anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 1:37 PM, KyAT4 said:

Any information on what the fix was for this yet? I have a 19 AT4 with the performance package and my Service 4WD light came on randomly when I started the truck in the morning. My wife typically leaves the truck in the Auto AWD setting. When the light came on the truck was acting like it was in 4WD and none of the buttons were working to put it into 2WD. Therefore on dry pavement I had to make it home on a Sunday about 100km and book the truck in. The dealership got the truck into 2WD and said the TCCM transfer case control module needs to be replaced and it could be a while for the part to come in. They said keep the truck in 2WD and do not use 4WD. Well I live in Canada and we had a snow storm last night and I was not pleased to be told not to use the 4WD on a truck a bought 2 months ago. 

Did a new TCCM fix the issue for anyone?

Scheduled an appointment for mine can’t get it in until December 30th. Any luck on your part coming in? The service 4wd message has come on 4 times now but clears itself