Accident today :(

1 minute ago, dieselfan1 said:

This is why I always park at the farthest away parking spot not near ant other cars. If the lot is full I park somewhere else and hoof it.

I'm very adamant about this to the point of avoiding lots if I can. I'll walk a block before I park by other cars. Way too many inconsiderate assholes out there that couldn't care less about your nice truck and bang into it then drive away. Really pisses me off.

Agreed. I always park where someone would have to be an intentional "dick" to get next to me. Walking is good for you. And I never have ANY door dings on my cars. People are just idiots, especially when they are driving a shitbox. And sometimes even when they're not.

Shakey

• Like 3

From my 08 CC that I lost last year, the damage totaled more than 20% of the value. They valued my truck at $28,300, with the repairs and rental issued it was over 20%. At the last min they totaled my truck. And what took them even longer, the adjuster didn't take in the account for restocking fees because the had found and bought a bed and frame they planned on replacing. 

41 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

Agreed. I always park where someone would have to be an intentional "dick" to get next to me. Walking is good for you. And I never have ANY door dings on my cars. People are just idiots, especially when they are driving a shitbox. And sometimes even when they're not.

Shakey

You and I think alike . That's how I roll

6 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Looks like just body damage to me. They'll repair that like it never happened.

Press on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Yes, but unfortunately he still takes a hit on the resale value, which sucks.

Shakey

45 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

Yes, but unfortunately he still takes a hit on the resale value, which sucks.

Shakey

That's why you shouldn't get a police report unless its serious, just swap information and be on your way...the crash report is what brands the title that the vehicle was wrecked.

52 minutes ago, mtsz52784 said:

It's a lease, goes back at the end of the year. So there's a win

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

amen brotha i'm a big fan of leasing.......option to buy out or give them back the POS!  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NCPGMC said:

That's why you shouldn't get a police report unless its serious, just swap information and be on your way...the crash report is what brands the title that the vehicle was wrecked.

But I'm not talking about the title as much as the carfax report. I thought most repair shops reported to them? A title is not going to reflect anything unless the vehicle has been salvaged.

Shakey

8 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

But I'm not talking about the title as much as the carfax report. I thought most repair shops reported to them? A title is not going to reflect anything unless the vehicle has been salvaged.

Shakey

Yeah, I think it depends on the repair shop...I always thought unless there was airbag deployment and/or frame damage than it was wasn't "reported" to carfax. A DMV crash report will be regardless of how minor.

2 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Shakey

nope ask them not to.....i know of a fact that they don't ALL report.....even dealerships!  we had over 5800 in repairs due to the wife hitting the biggest mailbox in the county...... damage was to the WHOLE  left side front to rear...... 

On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎17 at 6:09 AM, Shakeydeal said:

Man, you need to find better parking spaces...........

Shakey

I always park in the furthest, most vacant section of a parking lot. I am not a lazy human so I have not problem walking 100yds to the door in trade for saving some door dints trying to get the closest spot. In college there was one stall that was a spot and a 1/4 so I would always park at the edge of the lawn so I had a 1/4 stall between my truck and the other guys.

Still not foolproof though, I was gassing up last September and a 80 year old guy in an F250 pulling a 25' sailboat decided he would swing in beside me while I was in paying and forgot he wasn't driving his Honda Civic. This was $2,630 damage (CAD), bumper and fog light trim replacement, 4 month wait for repair. It hurts so bad to drive a dented vehicle, it makes you look at feel like a simpleton.

OP that would be a $8,000(5k usd) touch in Canada minimum,  Box panel, door trim, cab corner. It looks like the can save your door so that is big coin there. It seems like the common story on the forum is people run in to our nice Chevy trucks, we do not often run into other people.

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1223.JPG