Elite Engineering Catch Can

I recently installed an Elite Engineering catch can on my 2017 Silverado 5.3.

A few points to mention:

The exit side is not up by the throttle body like they say online. They're wrong. It's at midway on the driver side valve cover.

But don't question them on this, they'll shut you down and say you're rude.

Furthermore, the fittings that you have to push their hoses on are far too big for the hose they supply. The nipples are too big, and are plastic. Force the hose, and you'll snap the fittings.

They did not like this negative feedback, but I already forwarded it to Amex. I did not get the quality I expected for the price and they blocked me on Facebook.

Think twice before you go with Elite Engineering. They do not back their product.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

So I found nothing wrong with the instructions for the install when installing it. It even says the 6.2 is shown and that the 5.3 is farther back on the drivers side. I found the tightness of the hoses to be perfectly normal and had no problem putting them on. I have installed 3 of these already 2 on 5.3 and 1 on a 6.2. There is even a video showing how to install the can.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

I recently installed an Elite Engineering catch can on my 2017 Silverado 5.3.

A few points to mention:

The exit side is not up by the throttle body like they say online. They're wrong. It's at midway on the driver side valve cover.

But don't question them on this, they'll shut you down and say you're rude.

Furthermore, the fittings that you have to push their hoses on are far too big for the hose they supply. The nipples are too big, and are plastic. Force the hose, and you'll snap the fittings.

They did not like this negative feedback, but I already forwarded it to Amex. I did not get the quality I expected for the price and they blocked me on Facebook.

Think twice before you go with Elite Engineering. They do not back their product.

You sound like a guy that orders a steak, eats half of it then tries to send it back because it wasn't cooked to your liking. 

I have a feeling that whoever posts in this thread that owns an EE catch can isn't going to echo your issues.  EE makes a great can.  Like the other posters, mine came as described and took me all of maybe 20 minutes to install.  Everything fit like a condom as it should. 

Anybody reading this.....EE makes a great product and will stand behind it 100%.  You shouldn't have a 2nd thought if purchasing from EE. 

I got a feeling OP is just trolling

• Like 1

I had no issues. The 6.2 is different from the 5.3. As far as lines go I had some I had to heat in water to soften. But I also have more lines then anyone on different fittings. I only use 2 stock fittings everything else is rubber hole over the Male valve cover fitting.

I don't know?  I had no issues really installing it?  The connections can be and are tight?  Which is good right?  My buddy ordered one from the other outfit and they sent him completely wrong hoses and adapters for his vehicle?  They did correct the situation but he installed it and the effectiveness of it working properly was.....nothing close to mine?  I don't know...mine has caused me absolutely no problems and does what it supposed to? 

• Like 1

[emoji2369] for the money I paid for it, I expected better.

What you consider acceptable and what I do must be very different.

This quote baffles me. You say expected better for what you paid, but your first complaint was about them saying where exit side is. They clearly stated correctly online where it is at for a 5.3 and not there fault you paid attention to 6.2. Then you complain about the hoses not being the right size, which is weird because I dont know a single other person that thinks they are to snug and most people want a snug fit. Last I have called them before about a can that was damaged during shipping and they sent me a new one free of charge. I think there products are great and will continue using them.
  • Like 1

I did NOT read the incorrect instructions.

I'm not happy paying that price for an aluminum can and 2 pieces of fuel hose when I could have been just as frustrated with a cheaper unit and just as well off.
Trying to find where it says the exit side is up by the throttle body on 5.3.
59b26934b520f98c9c1e3ea68146eb2b.jpg94d30d390e8c436d5f6092d50f6cde1c.jpg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

I did NOT read the incorrect instructions.

Uhhhh… Apparently you did

This thread went south on you quick lol!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Bash74 said:

Trying to find where it says the exit side is up by the throttle body on 5.3.
59b26934b520f98c9c1e3ea68146eb2b.jpg

Thanks Bash

• Like 1