Oil Jugs with foil Seals

3 hours ago, reardiff said:

Is it just me or does anyone just cringe each time you do an oil change and have to poke open that foil seal on the oil jug, paranoid that some small sliver will find its way into the oil.  I think I spend at least 5 minutes with a razor knife making sure it's safe before I pour it, but would really like to just twist it open and pour.  I use Mobil One so i can't speak for the other brands, but why is it that the 1 quart bottles have a plastic cap but no seal, where the 5 gallon jugs always have that darn foil seal?

Anyone else get worked up over this or is this OCD on my part?

When you pay as much as we have for these trucks and add OCD? I know the feeling but as some others have done I've always used a knife to cut or peel away all evidence of foil. In the end we don't want to be those guys screaming at the top of our lungs "Foiled again!!!"

4 hours ago, Skidsareforkids said:

Just put some in every time you fill up the gas, then you can be sure you’ll never run out emoji869.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

THIS, if you have the infamous AFM oil usage problem.  However, I still change it twice a year, because the oil, even though 1/3 of it is new, gets dirty every ~4000 miles.  

I like the foil seals, to ensure nobody has messed around with the product you bought.  I just wish they would come with the little pull tabs to pull off easier, and come off in one piece instead of pieces.  As it is, I just use my pocket knife to cut the seal down the middle and then remove the 2 sides and smooth any remaining edges and pour.  I get more nervous trying to pour a 5-quart jug without sloshing oil all over.  

Edited by MaverickZ71

12 minutes ago, MaverickZ71 said:

I get more nervous trying to pour a 5-quart jug without sloshing oil all over.  

I don't like having to hold my funnel at an angle with one hand and maneuver the full 5 qt jug with the other. There's probably an easier way to do it, or a better funnel to use, but I'm lazy and I keep using the 20 cent plastic one I got 10 years ago.

• Like 1

Valvoline jugs or the Napa dexos that is made by valvoline in the same place has them but guess what? They have 4 little tabs so you can grab one and whole things comes off without a hitch.

Sub $35 oil change when stuff is on sale.