Anyone else still on infotainment vL206?

Mine is an early build truck with Bose radio. I have had it for a month and a half and it is still on software version vL206 dated 9/8/2018. I mentioned to the dealer about the update and all they did was check for updates on the screen like I have done and said it's all up to date.

How do I get the newer version of the software? I have been checking for updates every couple days but it just says it is up to date already.

Anyone else with vL206 get an update yet?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have an 2019 LTZ with the up level 3 INFOTAINMENT with the Navigation and the BOSE. I have it connect to my home network, but it is still on version 509. I sometime think it has a problem connecting to WIFI network. On my 2017 it would always show on the screen connected to the network, but on the new one the connection status icon comes on and shows on the screen for a second or so, then it disappears. 

What is it with GM dealers and software updates?  FCA dealers (Dodge/Jeep/Ram, etc.) will perform all available software updates for you during routine maintenance, and you don't even have to ask for it.  GM dealers automatically say there are no updates available, and then when you show them there are, they act like they don't want to do it, can't do it, or want to charge you for their time doing it. . . . 

Edited by MaverickZ71

Gotta connect to your home wifi .... If you're not getting it, then make a trip to the dealer.  Trust me, there's many other updates that are needed.
I did connect to home wifi. Still says I'm up to date. Just was curious with my trail boss (no Navi) with conveince package 2 with Bose radio if anyone had gotten an update. Maybe there are not any for my trim and options.

It was  phrased to me like this when I asked one of the service writers:   "Every time GM puts out an update it fixes something and breaks something else, so unless you specify a problem, we do not install updates"

Can you believe that mentality?

• Sad 1

I apparently am on the original update my truck was built with according to the version date that shows when I go into the development mode on the radio. The funny thing is I notice that every time I go to the dealer for my inspection (I get them for free from the dealer I purchased my truck through) they will do the inspection and then when I get the truck back I noticed the radio is always muted and sitting on the home screen where you pick the icons for the radio, onstar, settings, etc. The version never changes so idk why the dealer does that but it has always been that way whenever I had the dealers inspect the truck for free. I had it taken in twice for service, once for the rear axle shaft to be replaced and another for the radiator/thermostat housing to be replaced under warranty and neither of those times was the radio muted or sitting on the home screen.

It was  phrased to me like this when I asked one of the service writers:   "Every time GM puts out an update it fixes something and breaks something else, so unless you specify a problem, we do not install updates"

Can you believe that mentality?
I am sure there is some truth to it. The software I use at work I always wait a month or two to update when a new version comes out because I have been burned many times in the past.

• Like 1

I agree, on our business ERP system I wait a few months after an update has been put out, way too many times it broke more than it fixed when I installed it quickly, much like our trucks, let someone else work out the bugs first. 

I thought we could get updates via over-the-air as subscribers to the Onstar WiFi?  Like others here, I'm stuck on v509.  I check daily for updates and am always disappointed.  I didn't know it was a requirement to connect our trucks to home WiFi.  Is this true??

I thought we could get updates via over-the-air as subscribers to the Onstar WiFi?  Like others here, I'm stuck on v509.  I check daily for updates and am always disappointed.  I didn't know it was a requirement to connect our trucks to home WiFi.  Is this true??
Well i didn't subscribe to OnStar data after trial, so only way for me is wifi I think.